The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Drop Shipping a Good Start?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Fahad100001

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 11, 2023
United Kingdom
Hey Folks,
I have seen a lot on the internet about drop shipping, wanted to know if it's still a viable option to make some money considering the low entry barriers. If so, any leads on how to begin?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
Hey Folks,
I have seen a lot on the internet about drop shipping, wanted to know if it's still a viable option to make some money considering the low entry barriers. If so, any leads on how to begin?

Thanks
Since when dropshipping is a low-barrier entry? I think you need at least 2000$ to have a good start.

Maybe with TikTok organic, yeah, can be lucrative, but still have to order the products and I'm pretty sure you won't hit the jackpot with 1st product/TikTok page. So $200-$300 is still needed. If you are from the US/UK, it might worth it, tho.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If you have no idea and no experience. Anything is a good start to clock skills and experience.

Fahad100001

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 11, 2023
United Kingdom
If you have no idea and no experience. Anything is a good start to clock skills and experience
So whats the best way to start, I know youtube has many videos but are there any better ways or just watch and DIY
?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
So whats the best way to start, I know youtube has many videos but are there any better ways or just watch and DIY
?
1. Sign up for Shopify, it's $1 for the first 3 months.
2. Pick products on AliExpress and upload them to your store.
3. Create ads with Canva and waste as much money as you can afford on running them.
4. Realize it's not that simple and start over, hopefully, with some new lessons learned from taking action.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
A good start to what?
To make money? No.
To learn about online marketing? Sure.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Hey Folks,
I have seen a lot on the internet about drop shipping, wanted to know if it's still a viable option to make some money considering the low entry barriers.

Thanks
No. Don't bother. You'll add nothing to a saturated marketplace, get chewed up and spit out like the rest of the millions of people before you.

General rule: if you've found it as a side hustle or "business" on social media - it's likely a waste of your time UNLESS you have a superb edge. Go find a problem to solve instead of selling tacky crap from China.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
General rule: if you've found it as a side hustle or "business" on social media - it's likely a waste of your time UNLESS you have a superb edge.
That's the best advice heard in months of wandering around on social media.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.