The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Affiliate Marketing The New MLM?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
So, I am doing affiliate marketing to learn marketing (whatever good white hat offers I find). It is nice to get money back you spent on ads while you are still figuring out your business.
Since I am open-minded person and stupidly curious, this is what I have observed when watching affiliates and affiliate industry as whole (I will only talk about affiliates who earn good cash, not your everyday forum spammers and bad video reviews who earn almost no money and who buy your shovels):

- They know they are on quicksand, they are trying to bank a lot money as fast as possible and they are looking to invest it in elsewhere. They are hitting the iron until it is hot, because they are not so sure how long it will stay hot. They are not just focusing on affiliate stuff, they are also finding way to make legit businesses. Will it succeed for them? I don't know.
- They all have competitive edge and look ways to difference themselves. Some do it in technically complicated ways (requires skill), and a lot of others (including some top super affiliates) say screw it and do it in blackhat way. So if some do it in black hat way, their cost per click is insanely low and then it is a war of technology and infrastructure. It suddenly becomes a battle who can replace out fast their burned facebook ads accounts, credit cards, ISPS and whatever to make it work. Not every wannabe affiliate can do it and it seems to be another barrier. Is it a sane business? No. Will it last forever? Likely, no.
Shortly - Top affiliates are very good marketers finding very good ways to get an edge. Will they move on before they are burned by affiliate marketing, who knows, but all I can say is that top affiliates are not stupid.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.