The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is a Blog CENTS-proof if it is monetized with AdSense and Amazon?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Appreneur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 20, 2017
Germany
Hi,
I am currently switching my activities from Apps/Games to Blogging. Apps/Games, at least for me with my approach, do not last long enough. I have mainly games and I can have some decent amounts of downloads for 1-2 years, but over time, downloads go down and so does revenue. Should not be the topic here anyways.
I am more into blogging at the moment. I have a very interesting topic in an area where I have more than ten years of experience. The topic is good for 200-300 or even more blog posts. I have checked out my competition and the main competition is a blog, which was started more than ten years ago with the last post more than three years ago. Most of the content is older than five years. And I can easily write some more helpful posts. It also proofs, that my blog could last way longer than 1-2 years in this field.
I have a bit more than 30 posts currently and it seems that I can get to roughly 60 EUR(66 USD) per post per year with Ads and Amazon Partner. Ads are not AdSense, but it is dependent on AdSense (Ezoic). Posts are not written in English, as you might have noticed, because I talked about EUR.
I have found also another topic, which is good for another blog with 200 or more posts. Topic is very comparable and traffic should be more or less equal. I checked this with Google Trends. And I am very confident that I can find similar niches.
So, writing a posts takes about one hour (maybe 90 Minutes). I have a day job, wife, a child and other chores. But if I use the late evenings, I could finish 50 posts per month, if I really quit any free time beside the family time in the evening. I could be at 500-600 posts until summer next year, which could lead to 30-36k side income, if the other posts scale as much as the current posts and if I do not get banned by AdSense or Amazon.
There is nothing illegal on my site. It is really 100% complaint with all rules. The topic is 100% "clean" or however you want to call it. But I read it all the times, "got banned from..." with "no reason". So I really fear to put in all the work, to let my fitness plans slide (because the day has only 24 hours minus sleep, day job, family time and other chores), to finish all the posts and maybe 2021, I get banned with "no reason".

So, my Fear No. 1 is putting all the work in and then, get no results due to getting banned. Maybe for ads, there are one or two alternatives. Maybe their rates are a bit worse. But for Amazon Partner, there is really no alternative.
My Fear No. 2 or let's call it concern, this kind of "business" would not be CENTS-proof, so I would think, I cannot quit my day job due to this business. It would add to my saving rate. I already saved money and I will go on. I believe in the 4-percent-rule (lets not call it belief; it is proven). My biggest goal is to quit my day job (any day job) and this goal will be achieved anyways in 10-15 years. Maybe, the side hustle can shorten this to 5-8 years.

Let's be honest regarding why 5-8 years is such a big concern for me. My wife and me, we are planing to have our second baby in 2021. My goal would be, to quit my day job in 2022, when my second child would be one year old. That could not be achieved with my blogging idea. But on the other hand, what else should I do? It does make a lot of sense to do it, maybe I switch to part-time in my day job from 2022 onwards...
(But really, If I get kicked from Ads/Amazon one day to another; revenues goes from very good to zero.. On the other hand, this kind of topic is really not very good to monetize, because it is very "informational".. ads are really good for this kind of blog and there is ONE product on Amazon, which is very helpful for the visitor of my site...)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Hi,
I am currently switching my activities from Apps/Games to Blogging. Apps/Games, at least for me with my approach, do not last long enough. I have mainly games and I can have some decent amounts of downloads for 1-2 years, but over time, downloads go down and so does revenue. Should not be the topic here anyways.
I am more into blogging at the moment. I have a very interesting topic in an area where I have more than ten years of experience. The topic is good for 200-300 or even more blog posts. I have checked out my competition and the main competition is a blog, which was started more than ten years ago with the last post more than three years ago. Most of the content is older than five years. And I can easily write some more helpful posts. It also proofs, that my blog could last way longer than 1-2 years in this field.
I have a bit more than 30 posts currently and it seems that I can get to roughly 60 EUR(66 USD) per post per year with Ads and Amazon Partner. Ads are not AdSense, but it is dependent on AdSense (Ezoic). Posts are not written in English, as you might have noticed, because I talked about EUR.
I have found also another topic, which is good for another blog with 200 or more posts. Topic is very comparable and traffic should be more or less equal. I checked this with Google Trends. And I am very confident that I can find similar niches.
So, writing a posts takes about one hour (maybe 90 Minutes). I have a day job, wife, a child and other chores. But if I use the late evenings, I could finish 50 posts per month, if I really quit any free time beside the family time in the evening. I could be at 500-600 posts until summer next year, which could lead to 30-36k side income, if the other posts scale as much as the current posts and if I do not get banned by AdSense or Amazon.
There is nothing illegal on my site. It is really 100% complaint with all rules. The topic is 100% "clean" or however you want to call it. But I read it all the times, "got banned from..." with "no reason". So I really fear to put in all the work, to let my fitness plans slide (because the day has only 24 hours minus sleep, day job, family time and other chores), to finish all the posts and maybe 2021, I get banned with "no reason".

So, my Fear No. 1 is putting all the work in and then, get no results due to getting banned. Maybe for ads, there are one or two alternatives. Maybe their rates are a bit worse. But for Amazon Partner, there is really no alternative.
My Fear No. 2 or let's call it concern, this kind of "business" would not be CENTS-proof, so I would think, I cannot quit my day job due to this business. It would add to my saving rate. I already saved money and I will go on. I believe in the 4-percent-rule (lets not call it belief; it is proven). My biggest goal is to quit my day job (any day job) and this goal will be achieved anyways in 10-15 years. Maybe, the side hustle can shorten this to 5-8 years.

Let's be honest regarding why 5-8 years is such a big concern for me. My wife and me, we are planing to have our second baby in 2021. My goal would be, to quit my day job in 2022, when my second child would be one year old. That could not be achieved with my blogging idea. But on the other hand, what else should I do? It does make a lot of sense to do it, maybe I switch to part-time in my day job from 2022 onwards...
(But really, If I get kicked from Ads/Amazon one day to another; revenues goes from very good to zero.. On the other hand, this kind of topic is really not very good to monetize, because it is very "informational".. ads are really good for this kind of blog and there is ONE product on Amazon, which is very helpful for the visitor of my site...)
If I’m following you correctly - you’re saying there is one product on amazon that you want to get affiliate money for, right?

Is there a way you can improve this product, sell it under your own brand on amazon/Shopify - and use the blog to promote it?

I’m sorry if I misunderstood - I’m really hungry right now haha

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 11, 2018
Hi @Appreneur, I hope blogging makes it for you, it's not an easy path.

I'd like to ask you about apps/games, as I'm into it right now. Would you mind if I PM you?

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Check out income school on YouTube. They should give you more ideas on how to monetize your blog. Plus they explain why they aren’t focusing on Amazon any more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.