What's new

Inventory management

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

MRSupply

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
34
Location
Pennsylvania, United States
Rep Bank
$355
User Power: 153%
Hi fellow fastlaners, I have learned a lot from all of you and I thank you for that.

In the past 6 months I have really gotten into selling on Amazon using FBA. I temporarily store all of the inventory at my house which I then box up and ship off to different warehouses for Amazon to sell.

As I've been increasing the inventory that I sell, the amount of inventory that I am storing at my house in between shipments has increased dramatically. At first, I was just stacking inventory in the corner of my office. A few weeks ago I installed a shelving unit, and now I have added another unit. Pretty soon I will need to move operations to my garage.

I am doing retail arbitrage in the US and I hope to switch to 100% private labeling within the next 6 months. Retail arbitrage seemed like a good way to raise the initial capital and learn Amazon's process before launching a product.

Anyway, I have found that inventory management has been a learning process although I really enjoy the obstacles I'm facing as sales are growing. I still have a full time job, but I hope to be full time selling on Amazon by the end of the year.

I ran into this link that has a good basic overview of inventory management: http://www.clearlyinventory.com/inventory-basics

It's pretty basic stuff, but very useful as your inventory levels begin to rise. If anyone has any other resources, I'm really enjoying learning about this stuff and would appreciate the suggestions! Thanks!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom