The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inventor Nikola Tesla said we have no will - Profound theory! What do you think?

D

Deleted85763

The great inventor Nikola Tesla (1856-1943) stated:

“We are automata entirely controlled by the forces of the medium being tossed about like corks on the surface of the water, but mistaking the resultant of the impulses from the outside for free will."

I think this is really profound. Before you dismiss it please consider also what Tesla said: that our bodies and the universe are composed of so many complex forces that you may simply fail to see that that is what is actually happening. Tesla was absolutely convinced of this theory. You can find more about this online. I looked fairly extensively and I could not find that is has ever been expounded upon, which Tesla wanted. He said it would be of incalculable value to the world. Am I going to argue with Tesla?

So all our actions and thoughts come from from the outside and not from our will! This also has profound implications for succeeding in the "fastlane". What do you think about the subject and how can one use it to gain success?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Awaken Study

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2020
If we didn't have books like the Millionaire Fastlane and forums like this, how many of us would give up and stick with the slowlane?

How much more difficult would it be to fight against the 9-5 script if we didn't have the internet and access to unlimited knowledge.

I think environment dictates a lot of what we do. How many kids go in the same profession as their parents? Or a career they hate because that's what their parents have drilled in them for 10 years?

Personally, I believe the 4,000-10,000 ads we see everyday is influencing us more than we know or understand.

D

Deleted85763

If we didn't have books like the Millionaire Fastlane and forums like this, how many of us would give up and stick with the slowlane?

How much more difficult would it be to fight against the 9-5 script if we didn't have the internet and access to unlimited knowledge.

I think environment dictates a lot of what we do. How many kids go in the same profession as their parents? Or a career they hate because that's what their parents have drilled in them for 10 years?

Personally, I believe the 4,000-10,000 ads we see everyday is influencing us more than we know or understand.
So how do you make Tesla's theory, actually how nature works, work for you?

Awaken Study

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2020
So how do you make Tesla's theory, actually how nature works, work for you?
Truthfully I'm still figuring this out. I have an external locus of control that's almost 100%. I think bring intentional about the people/voices I listen to and only surrounding myself with the people I want to become would be helpful.

Changing my environment by limiting my virtual world to only who I want to become. I don't know if that makes sense but I've found if I'm on Instagram after being away for awhile I get sad for no reason. Since I'm highly influenced by others I have to be careful what I read/see.

I've grown the most when I'm out camping with just books/audiobooks and a journal. No one to talk too and no internet so I can't keep up with the news and negativity of the world.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-205154.png
    Screenshot_20210723-205154.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 3
D

Deleted85763

Truthfully I'm still figuring this out. I have an external locus of control that's almost 100%. I think bring intentional about the people/voices I listen to and only surrounding myself with the people I want to become would be helpful.

Changing my environment by limiting my virtual world to only who I want to become. I don't know if that makes sense but I've found if I'm on Instagram after being away for awhile I get sad for no reason. Since I'm highly influenced by others I have to be careful what I read/see.

I've grown the most when I'm out camping with just books/audiobooks and a journal. No one to talk too and no internet so I can't keep up with the news and negativity of the world.
So your "right" actions in turn give you the right results? That definitely has worked for me and vice-versa. I'm not sure though if that is what Tesla meant exactly. What else could it be?

Awaken Study

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2020
So your "right" actions in turn give you the right results? That definitely has worked for me and vice-versa. I'm not sure though if that is what Tesla meant exactly. What else could it be?
Do you have a quote of what Tesla said? Context would help determine what he may have meant?

D

Deleted85763

Do you have a quote of what Tesla said? Context would help determine what he may have meant?
As I posted above he said:

“We are automata entirely controlled by the forces of the medium being tossed about like corks on the surface of the water, but mistaking the resultant of the impulses from the outside for free will."

He also said quite a bit more, sometimes wording differently but it's all the same: outside forces "push" all our thoughts and actions. We have no free will.

He also gave the example of others who put him and his associates down when he was trying to accomplish something and then without fail those other people experienced some misfortune shortly after as a result. So I guess it can mean when you do right you get right and vice-versa? Nice guys finish first? 'm not sure.

You can read more at google free books: "Nikola Tesla My Inventions".

Last edited by a moderator:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
That's largely what spirituality comes down to. Our free will is limited by our self-discipline and self-awareness. If we aren't present enough to see our desires for what they are (mind conditioning), we have no free will.

As for "the forces" in Tesla's quote, Michael Singer talks a lot about it. For example:

Once you understand it has nothing to do with you, it is the ebb and flow of life, it goes through its cycles. If you want to get to know her [life] you must be willing to feel her pulse.

You can’t be stepping back and saying, ‘no, I want it my way’.

The world has its ebb and flow and it should have its cycles. You only see this tiny bit of life. You only see the way when it passes by, and you say ‘it shouldn’t be doing that’. Why? ‘Because it messed up my face in the reflection’. You’ll always see it in relationship to YOU.

You want to know how wrong you are? Every single time you say that something is good or bad, right or wrong, I am going to say – based on what?

They are all relative terms, based on ME, MY view of the world, MY value system. So what? Who cares about your value system? There’s Narcissus again. There you are looking into the universe and seeing the reflection of yourself and saying that’s what matters.

You get to the point where you stop putting so much weight on yourself, stop being Narcissus.

Your face is just one of 700 billion things in the universe. Your spiritual journey is about ceasing to think that you matter. It is about ceasing to think that you are the center of the universe.

The universe is the center of the universe.

So yes, we are indeed being tossed by these forces because in the grand scheme of things we don't matter at all. What is one human life to the entire universe? Just one force, gravity, completely dictates our lives.

Also Michael Singer:

You were given free will and that's what you did with it. Where do you want to go today? You said: "To hell." And you succeeded.

For more context, he's talking about having free will and then squandering it, trying to control and manipulate life (which, as mentioned above, is largely controlled by forces we can't ever control). It doesn't mean giving up on life, though, but rather accepting that we can't control most of the forces in our lives (you can't NOT get older, just like you can't change the weather or even change another person who annoys you).

Milonfz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Nov 5, 2020
I wonder what forces caused him to fall in love with a pigeon. I'd like to avoid those...

In all seriousness though, l prefer Stephen R. Covey's take:

"In the space between stimulus (what happens) and how we respond, lies our freedom to choose. Ultimately, this power to choose is what defines us as human beings. We may have limited choices but we can always choose. We can choose our thoughts, emotions, moods, our words, our actions; we can choose our values and live by principles. It is the choice of acting or being acted upon."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.