Drew
PARKED
I was just watching Mj's youtube video entitled "Have An Awesome Idea? Great, Now STFU and Act!" about someone's next big idea being shared with others and acting on it so your not the one saying "i had that idea". Well, dammit, right now I'm sitting here saying "I was working on that idea!" because someone solved something critical before I could.
An army of greasy guys complaining about this and that throughout the day are bound to gripe about a problem that can be fixed. About a year ago, one of the guys was hanging out at his shop when he said how great it would be if he didn't have to use a drop light (which is a light bulb in a plastic or metal half-cocoon-like protection thing with a hook on the end that you hang on anything you can find underneath the car) every time he needed to look underneath the car. All of a sudden, boom, problem solved! How about a durable floor mat to place underneath the car with LED lights shedding their light on the whole belly of a car! YES!
I did a little research on the web a while back and couldn't find anything out there like it. Started to take notes on the size, the weight it should sustain, liquids it will endure, and I also began coming up with a list of raw materials to make a prototype. Just recently, out of nowhere as I'm checking to see if the coast is still clear and no one has beat me to it, I found a website that was just launched featuring a product similar to the idea. My heart fell out of my chest and was collecting dust as I read about the product. Damn, should have acted quick but this has been a pretty sweet lesson.
It's funny that this all happened today when I got the motivation for pushing the product after getting on this forum.
Thanks for reading.
Drew
An army of greasy guys complaining about this and that throughout the day are bound to gripe about a problem that can be fixed. About a year ago, one of the guys was hanging out at his shop when he said how great it would be if he didn't have to use a drop light (which is a light bulb in a plastic or metal half-cocoon-like protection thing with a hook on the end that you hang on anything you can find underneath the car) every time he needed to look underneath the car. All of a sudden, boom, problem solved! How about a durable floor mat to place underneath the car with LED lights shedding their light on the whole belly of a car! YES!
I did a little research on the web a while back and couldn't find anything out there like it. Started to take notes on the size, the weight it should sustain, liquids it will endure, and I also began coming up with a list of raw materials to make a prototype. Just recently, out of nowhere as I'm checking to see if the coast is still clear and no one has beat me to it, I found a website that was just launched featuring a product similar to the idea. My heart fell out of my chest and was collecting dust as I read about the product. Damn, should have acted quick but this has been a pretty sweet lesson.
It's funny that this all happened today when I got the motivation for pushing the product after getting on this forum.
Thanks for reading.
Drew
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
