The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Invention help

D

Deleted29658

Hi everyone,

I have created a very helpful, efficient dental industry invention. It is currently patent pending and I am looking for a company to be the licensee of the product. It is a very unique toothbrush design that is great for people with arthritis, special needs, kids, and anyone who wants a simple to use toothbrush. It has the ability to offer multiple flavors of toothpaste and bristle head types. It is perfect for traveling and compact carry. Please contact me if you have association with a company that will license such a product.
Thank you for viewing!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
It is currently patent pending and I am looking for a company to be the licensee of the product.

Can I ask what type of patent you have? If you have a patent for a toothbrush that has toothpaste in it, wow.
But if it's just a design patent you won't really be able to sell it, because they can just copy it. Same idea with a different design.

mosam

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 12, 2020
Quebec (Canada)
Thank you! I am just at a dead end until I can find a company for licensing.
I tried reaching out to a few large dental material producers but have been unable to get any form of response. Any ideas on how to get attention of big players?

I don't see myself in a position where I could give you good advices with this type of situation.
But maybe you could find someone on the forum or elsewhere who can review your approach at reaching out the said dental material producers :) Cheers

D

Deleted29658

Can I ask what type of patent you have? If you have a patent for a toothbrush that has toothpaste in it, wow.
But if it's just a design patent you won't really be able to sell it, because they can just copy it. Same idea with a different design.

It is not a design patent, it is a provisional to protect the claims of the ability of what the toothbrush can accomplish and its use. It prevents others from developing the same thing with same function as mine for the same reasons and problems that mine solves. just did it better than everyone else (in my opinion).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
What other sources than FLF have you tried?

Last edited:

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
It is not a design patent, it is a provisional to protect the claims of the ability of what the toothbrush can accomplish and its use. It prevents others from developing the samething with same function as mine for the same reasons and problems that mine solves. There are multiple versions of a toothbrush with toothpaste in it on the patent database. I just did it better than everyone else (in my opinion).

If that's really the case, wow. You did it. In my opinion, you have three options now:
1. cash out, try to sell it
2. grow it so the potential buyer know your product is worth it and then sell it
3. grow it and own it (try to sell it yourself, create a brand put up a store, put it in wholesale, put it everywhere)

Don't know what you want. But hope I could help you a little.

D

Deleted29658

If that's really the case, wow. You did it. In my opinion, you have three options now:
1. cash out, try to sell it
2. grow it so the potential buyer know your product is worth it and then sell it
3. grow it and own it (try to sell it yourself, create a brand put up a store, put it in wholesale, put it everywhere)

Don't know what you want. But hope I could help you a little.

I appreciate it. I've invented a few things and I am trying to get them all up and running around this time thanks to re-inspiration from the fastlane LOL! The problem is capital, I can't fund any of it myself. I am just looking for a company to license each product. As soon as I find this one, I am doing the same for my next 3 inventions.

Rearden

Inventor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Aug 24, 2017
Michigan
Hi @Mason Let me know if you need any help. I license my own products and I usually dont spend more than $100 to get a company on board to help with the process.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
It is not a design patent, it is a provisional to protect the claims of the ability of what the toothbrush can accomplish and its use. It prevents others from developing the same thing with same function as mine for the same reasons and problems that mine solves. just did it better than everyone else (in my opinion).
A provisional patent does not protect the actual invention. It is just to preserve the filing date, so it does not expire after one year of being out to the public according to the USA regulations.
It does not provide protection or moves towards granting the actual patent. The reason is very simple. Provisional patents do not get analyzed or reviewed on the content by USPTO examiners. They are automatically granted if filed correctly.
You would have 14 months to file for the real one, that DO gets analyzed and then only yet moves forward on the actual content.

In any case, congratulations on the accomplishment and the invention! I hope your licensing deal goes through and you make a lot of dough with it!

D

Deleted29658

Hi @Mason Let me know if you need any help. I license my own products and I usually dont spend more than $100 to get a company on board to help with the process.

Thank you! And actually same! I got my sell sheet and everything and my patent for cheap. I was luck enough and did lots of research before I made a move initially. I am excited to see how it turns out. I think my next step after this is to roll the money over into a licensing deal where someone already has a product and I can slap a brand or celebrity on it. Do you have any experience in the other side of licensing? If you do I have a few questions about distribution and marketing.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Hi everyone,

I have created a very helpful, efficient dental industry invention. It is currently patent pending and I am looking for a company to be the licensee of the product. It is a very unique toothbrush design that is great for people with arthritis, special needs, kids, and anyone who wants a simple to use toothbrush. It has the ability to offer multiple flavors of toothpaste and bristle head types. The toothbrush has toothpaste in it and it is perfect for traveling and compact carry. Please contact me if you have association with a company that will license such a product.
Thank you for viewing!

I’m going to DM you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.