The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

Robin Andrews

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jun 16, 2019
UK
Hi there. I'm Robin Andrews from the UK.

I am a Computer Science teacher working mainly online with overseas students. I now want to increase my freedom and wealth while at the same time reaching more people by creating learning and teaching resources and online courses. One thing I'm hoping to get from this forum is some advice on identifying my audience (including it's size) and understanding how best to serve them.

I was switched onto the Millionaire Fastlane by John Somnez from Home - Bulldog Mindset and I've made a start on my dream with my website here: Compucademy

Looking forward to connecting with some of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard Robin. Since you want to get into courses, how about you start with a YT channel?

Creating content, particularly tutorials, is a massive time investment. Best to get your feet wet with giving away free stuff, so you don't end up overselling.

Also, I was introduced to TMF by John Sonmez as well, back in the Simple Programmer days.

I like the site, it's got a pretty clean look. I would remove the Affiliate text on the links, but that's just me.

Robin Andrews

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jun 16, 2019
UK
Welcome aboard Robin. Since you want to get into courses, how about you start with a YT channel?

Creating content, particularly tutorials, is a massive time investment. Best to get your feet wet with giving away free stuff, so you don't end up overselling.
Hi lowtec, thanks for the welcome.

I am a little daunted by the work involved in making video tutorials, especially without knowing upfront what the demand will be. I'm not sure how making free YT videos solves the problem though - is it that I would get a sense of the potential demand that way? It's a little scary looking at all the great material already available for free on YT. My plan was to build an audience through the blog and then pitch courses when I have a decent mailing list. My concern with making videos for YT is that it is even more upfront investment of time with no guaranteed financial pay-off.

Do you think I need YT as well as the blog, or is it best to focus on just one?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Good question, and I don't know the answer. I'm on the opposite end, building a YT channel. I don't have the energy at the end of the day to invest in the blog.

The advantage of the blog is that you can capture emails.

The advantage of YouTube is that it's more personable and people can get a feel for the type of product they would buy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robin Andrews

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jun 16, 2019
UK
JS said in a video I saw recently that it is essential to have a way to get your YT subscribers' emails with links to a lead magnet in the video and description. What's your channel?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ