EntrepreneurNick
New Contributor
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2024
- Messages
- 4
Rep Bank
$190
$190
User Power: 500%
Hi, I'm Nick from Canada.
I am a massage therapist by trade. In 2013 I started a business that rapidly grew to 2 locations and around 30 people on staff and 7 figure sales. This business did very well but slowly political decisions (mostly new taxes) started to make a huge dent in our bottom line. Then covid hit and the workforce became even more demanding and the cost of having staff rose high enough that our business model no longer had profit margins to justify the business. We could have restructured, but the profit levels would still have been dimished and it would have been a good amount of work. By 2021 we were about to have our 4th kid and decided that it was simply not worth it to keep going in the space - especially with the threat of more potential negative political decisions at any moment.
We took a year off and then returned to work in a solo practice to bring in some income while I figure out our next actual business. I am planning to teach my business skills and then launch business products to new RMTs using Jeff Walker's PLF formula. I was pretty hesitant to jump on this because I wanted to get out of the massage space, but our business was incredibly well run from a marketing and admin perspective and I have a ton of materials that I can leverage. I'm just finishing up the Millionaire Fastlane and what helped pushed me to actually jump on this opportunity was reading the 5 commandments of the fastlane. This opportunity satisfies all of 5 pretty well.
I'm just starting to produce my free educational content now with youtube videos, blogs etc. Time to put the pedal to the metal.
I am a massage therapist by trade. In 2013 I started a business that rapidly grew to 2 locations and around 30 people on staff and 7 figure sales. This business did very well but slowly political decisions (mostly new taxes) started to make a huge dent in our bottom line. Then covid hit and the workforce became even more demanding and the cost of having staff rose high enough that our business model no longer had profit margins to justify the business. We could have restructured, but the profit levels would still have been dimished and it would have been a good amount of work. By 2021 we were about to have our 4th kid and decided that it was simply not worth it to keep going in the space - especially with the threat of more potential negative political decisions at any moment.
We took a year off and then returned to work in a solo practice to bring in some income while I figure out our next actual business. I am planning to teach my business skills and then launch business products to new RMTs using Jeff Walker's PLF formula. I was pretty hesitant to jump on this because I wanted to get out of the massage space, but our business was incredibly well run from a marketing and admin perspective and I have a ton of materials that I can leverage. I'm just finishing up the Millionaire Fastlane and what helped pushed me to actually jump on this opportunity was reading the 5 commandments of the fastlane. This opportunity satisfies all of 5 pretty well.
I'm just starting to produce my free educational content now with youtube videos, blogs etc. Time to put the pedal to the metal.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
