The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction - MRSupply

MRSupply

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 2, 2016
Pennsylvania, United States
Hi everyone,

I just read @Vigilante 's post here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/adding-value-to-the-fast-lane-forum.47120/ and I thought I'd introduce myself to the forum.

I'm in the US and I've been working different 9-5 jobs since I graduated college in 2010, while trying to get a business going of some sort.

I bought my first duplex last year and I've been experiencing good returns ever since (and I've got a PM). All of my endeavors have been about generating more money to buy more real estate. The market I'm investing in has experienced rapid growth and the duplex has already increased in value by 40%. I'll be able to pull out 100% of my investment soon through a cash-out refinance and pick up another property (although the really good deals are getting a little more difficult to find).

I've tried Retail Arbitrage for about 6 months, but this wasn't making enough profit and so I tried Kindle Publishing. I've published one book and I've got a few more in the works (2 written, just editing, and a third outlined).

I recently tried to get a Property Management web application together, but this is on hold because we lost our programmer. My business partner and I are kind of burnt out on this so we are taking a break from this endeavor for now.

Right now, I am working on figuring out what my next steps are. I really enjoy real estate investing and analyzing deals and all of the numbers that go into them and so I'm thinking about putting together a website that analyzes the region I'm investing in.

I've learned a lot from all of you and your posts. Thanks for that and I hope I can provide value as well in one way or another.

MRSupply

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lubo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Nov 29, 2015
VT, Bulgaria
Hey MRSupply congrats on your success with the Duplex! And I really like the photo (Night at Roxbury ROCKS!). You are really on your way to become financially independent. BTW are you still working or you are working full time on your projects right now?

MRSupply

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 2, 2016
Hey MRSupply congrats on your success with the Duplex! And I really like the photo (Night at Roxbury ROCKS!). You are really on your way to become financially independent. BTW are you still working or you are working full time on your projects right now?

Thanks lubo! I'm still working full time, and working on my projects outside of that.

lubo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Nov 29, 2015
VT, Bulgaria
I know that feeling really well, but that's one of the reasons that keeps me really motivated! I learn a lot from my work because I'm a cold calling people, but my day starts when I finish work, I'm guessing you are the same huh?

amazon joe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 30, 2016
You remind me a lot of myself. I dropped out of college a few years ago and wasn't able to hold down a 9-5 job, ended up delivering for Postmates last year, which was my favorite job working for someone else because I could set my own hours.

I started doing retail arbitrage at the beginning of this year and it's led me to where I am today, with a good deal of money to invest. I've looked at real estate but it doesn't feel very intuitive for someone who's immersed in ecommerce. I'd certainly be interested in any analyses you'd have to offer.

MRSupply

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 2, 2016
I know that feeling really well, but that's one of the reasons that keeps me really motivated! I learn a lot from my work because I'm a cold calling people, but my day starts when I finish work, I'm guessing you are the same huh?

That's great that your current job is offering you some good experience that you can take into your business. And yes, once I get home, I get started on what needs to get done! Good stuff.

MRSupply

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 2, 2016
You remind me a lot of myself. I dropped out of college a few years ago and wasn't able to hold down a 9-5 job, ended up delivering for Postmates last year, which was my favorite job working for someone else because I could set my own hours.

I started doing retail arbitrage at the beginning of this year and it's led me to where I am today, with a good deal of money to invest. I've looked at real estate but it doesn't feel very intuitive for someone who's immersed in ecommerce. I'd certainly be interested in any analyses you'd have to offer.

I've always thought that retail arbitrage is a great way to learn how to sell online. It can be difficult to expand depending on how close you are to some good retail stores, but there is definitely money to be made there if you don't mind looking. Are you doing RA full time? Gearing up for Q4 I'm sure. That's a great time to RA - I remember selling out of shipments last Q4 in a matter of hours. What do you think the future looks like for your RA business? I'm still getting e-mails from Amazon telling me about different products I was selling and how their manufacturer has closed them off to reselling.

I'll let you know what I decide to do in regards to the real estate website. I think there is a lot of potential for it, but I'm going to research this a little more. Thanks for the comment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...