The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction: Jaime

Jaime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 23, 2010
Hey guys-
A friend of mine recommended this forum a few weeks ago and just finished MJ's book. It rocks.

So here is a bit about my story and why I'm here:

When I was 22 I was a project manager traveling around the US making $100,000 per year. It sounds really cool but in reality it SUCKED. I worked 60 hours per week, and never saw my husband.

I couldn't quit because we were in $70k in debt and I had a $250,000 house. Long story short we sold a bunch of stuff (a Jeep CJ7 with 36" tires and even a car that was 2 months old) figured out a budget, worked like mad and became debt free excluding the house within 15 months.

I quit my job right after. I found some great mentors (who have sold million dollar businesses) and started working for myself as a business coach a few years ago. My husband is a performer/contortionist (audiobody.com) and I only work 20 hours per week so I can be home with my family. We are home together most of the time and it's awesome.

Since I was a little girl though I've always wanted to be a millionaire. My mom used to say I should find someone rich to marry, and I would retort "I don't want someone else's money, I want to make a million!" She thought it was cute coming from an 10 year old.

I'm looking to grow my coaching business and really create a brand. I used to work only locally but since I live in Maine the market is pretty limited. I have a degree in IT so earlier this year I started learning a lot more about internet marketing. I have a VA working for me too mostly doing SEO. I am in the process of hiring another coach to create a bigger practice. It's a slow growing process right now, but it's been very fun and exciting.

I started a website called EventualMillionaire.com in March, mostly just to chronicle my journey with money. Six months after I started the site CNNMoney.com emailed me asking for an interview about paying off my debt. Then they asked me to be on one of their TV shows. Then I was on Yahoo's homepage. Then MSN Money.

It's been a crazy few months and I've been looking to leverage where ever I can.

That's me in a nutshell. :) Thanks for letting me be a part of the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jaime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 23, 2010
Business coaching. I work with solopreneurs and small businesses (usually with a million or less in revenue)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey Jaime welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story.

just finished MJ's book. It rocks.

Thank you!

I started a website called EventualMillionaire.com in March, mostly just to chronicle my journey with money. Six months after I started the site CNNMoney.com emailed me asking for an interview about paying off my debt. Then they asked me to be on one of their TV shows. Then I was on Yahoo's homepage. Then MSN Money.

It's been a crazy few months and I've been looking to leverage where ever I can.

Congrats on your early success as I look forward to hearing more. =)

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome Jaime!

Glad to see another person taking action and realizing their dreams!

arohan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 25, 2010
Michigan, USA
Jaime, great to see you here on these forums! MJ is inspiring a lot of people. Congrats on your successes and good luck on the future

Jaime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 23, 2010
Thanks guys. So nice to meet everyone and can't wait to get to know you guys better.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Hi Jamie, how do you advertise your service?

Hey guys-
I quit my job right after. I found some great mentors (who have sold million dollar businesses) and started working for myself as a business coach a few years ago. My husband is a performer/contortionist (audiobody.com) and I only work 20 hours per week so I can be home with my family. We are home together most of the time and it's awesome.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...