The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Introduction From The UK

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

sblaughton

Contributor
Jun 21, 2018
Liverpool, England
Hi everyone,

I just got done reading the Fastlane and wanted to come and learn from like minded people in the forum. Reading the book i could see many comparisons and mistakes I have made as a side walker. I feel like i have entrepreneurship inside me but have made many of the common errors.

Born and raised in the UK i built up a successful YouTube channel during 2010-2012. I was making good money in a growing niche for my age (17). At the time, football (soccer) was still my main hobby and my dream. I got offered a scholarship at an American university to play. I took it and used the money from my YouTube gig to pay off the rest, graduating with no debt. My dream of becoming a professional player didn't quite come true but i do feel i got a good life experience. However, i do often wonder at what cost as i abandoned my YouTube channel.

I worked as a coach for my university for one year before returning home and starting my own sports agency based on helping student athletes to go and study in the States. Although i am offering value and have helped many students in the last couple of years it is not quite at the Fastlane level. I don't want to write it off as a failure but want to learn how i could turn it into a Fastlane project or expand into other similar fields.

Having read the book, i have been able to learn a lot and relate mistakes to myself. I look forward to engaging and reading on this forum to help myself to continue improving.

Thanks for having me and good luck to everyone else!

-Sam

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Bought most of your Freelance courses tonight with the Black Friday discount. I'll get started...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
It's taken a long time to write this but I wanted to be honest and real. I had to get it off my...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom