Hello!
My name is Oskar and I am 18 years old. Two years ago, I read my first MJ DeMarco book: The Millionaire Fastlane. I had already come to the conclusion that the conventional 9 to 5 work life for 50 years was not how I wanted to live. The book showed me that what I wanted was indeed possible. With the right strategy and years of effort, I could achieve true financial freedom.
Since then, my goal has been to create enough value to buy my financial freedom before I turn 26. I estimate my escape number to be around 10 million dollars.
The reasons I want to achieve this goal are:
• I want to be the one who decides what I do with my time.
• I want to be able to afford the things I want to do: sailing, traveling the world, renting my own apartment …
• I want to reach a point where I don’t have to worry about money anymore.
• I want to be able to give back to my parents.
• I want to be able to support my future family.
• I want to live life to the fullest and experience everything this world has to offer.
Achieving this goal is the single most important thing for me right now and for the years ahead. I know that if I don't give this everything I've got it will be my biggest regret. Although I have no doubt about this on a rational level, my actions in the last two years have not always reflected this determination. While I certainly put in a lot of hours into different projects, like creating a website for my father’s yearly conference (about 150 hours) or developing my own video game (about 220 hours), I could have achieved more if I had been more consistent and stayed on track instead of falling into episodes of self sabotaging indulgence in entertainment and other distractions.
I decided to join this forum because I believe that reading about what others are going through and sharing my own progress will help me stay on track and keep my goal in mind. In the following paragraphs, I will share a bit more about myself.
Currently, I am working on developing a video game. It is a cross platform multiplayer party game, meaning it can be played together across different devices like mobile, PC, or console. The idea is similar to a board game, with the addition of multiple small arcade style mini games inside it. Party games are already a well established video game category. What separates my game from existing successful titles is that the gameplay will be faster paced, and it will be easier to gather a group to play since it is available on all platforms. I have been working on it for the last year and have already put in many hours. The game is already playable in a very basic state, but the graphics are all placeholders. My goal for the next 10 months is to finish and publish my game in a state that can compete with other party games on the market.
For the next nine months, I will be working as a civil servant in the ambulance service, which is an alternative to my country’s mandatory military service.
I am planning to study IT at ETH Zurich starting in September 2026 because the tuition is very low (around $2,000 per year), it is the best university in mainland Europe, I have good enough grades to be accepted, and I want to improve my knowledge and skills in IT.
Over the last two years, I have been very much a 100% or 0% type of person. This means I was extremely productive, juggling school, exercise, and programming in a tight schedule, until I burned out and slacked off, sometimes for days, before pulling myself together again. This summer, after graduating high school, I wanted to get as much work as possible done on my game. But I only managed to work productively for five out of eight weeks, as conflicts with friends and troubles getting my driver’s license derailed me. I ended up spending weeks in my room distracting myself with shows I was not even interested in and playing boring video games, just to avoid the growing self hatred and shame caused by this very behavior.
Because of this, my main priority right now is to get my life back together and find a way to work towards my goals consistently. I tend to push myself too hard, which makes it difficult to sustain my efforts for more than a few weeks. This time, I will try to slowly increase the intensity of my workload every two weeks.
I plan on posting an update every two weeks to share my progress and hold myself accountable.
My goal until September 14th is to establish a good routine around my new occupation as a paramedic trainee, which requires me to be out of the house from 07:15 to 17:45.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this post
My name is Oskar and I am 18 years old. Two years ago, I read my first MJ DeMarco book: The Millionaire Fastlane. I had already come to the conclusion that the conventional 9 to 5 work life for 50 years was not how I wanted to live. The book showed me that what I wanted was indeed possible. With the right strategy and years of effort, I could achieve true financial freedom.
Since then, my goal has been to create enough value to buy my financial freedom before I turn 26. I estimate my escape number to be around 10 million dollars.
The reasons I want to achieve this goal are:
• I want to be the one who decides what I do with my time.
• I want to be able to afford the things I want to do: sailing, traveling the world, renting my own apartment …
• I want to reach a point where I don’t have to worry about money anymore.
• I want to be able to give back to my parents.
• I want to be able to support my future family.
• I want to live life to the fullest and experience everything this world has to offer.
Achieving this goal is the single most important thing for me right now and for the years ahead. I know that if I don't give this everything I've got it will be my biggest regret. Although I have no doubt about this on a rational level, my actions in the last two years have not always reflected this determination. While I certainly put in a lot of hours into different projects, like creating a website for my father’s yearly conference (about 150 hours) or developing my own video game (about 220 hours), I could have achieved more if I had been more consistent and stayed on track instead of falling into episodes of self sabotaging indulgence in entertainment and other distractions.
I decided to join this forum because I believe that reading about what others are going through and sharing my own progress will help me stay on track and keep my goal in mind. In the following paragraphs, I will share a bit more about myself.
Currently, I am working on developing a video game. It is a cross platform multiplayer party game, meaning it can be played together across different devices like mobile, PC, or console. The idea is similar to a board game, with the addition of multiple small arcade style mini games inside it. Party games are already a well established video game category. What separates my game from existing successful titles is that the gameplay will be faster paced, and it will be easier to gather a group to play since it is available on all platforms. I have been working on it for the last year and have already put in many hours. The game is already playable in a very basic state, but the graphics are all placeholders. My goal for the next 10 months is to finish and publish my game in a state that can compete with other party games on the market.
For the next nine months, I will be working as a civil servant in the ambulance service, which is an alternative to my country’s mandatory military service.
I am planning to study IT at ETH Zurich starting in September 2026 because the tuition is very low (around $2,000 per year), it is the best university in mainland Europe, I have good enough grades to be accepted, and I want to improve my knowledge and skills in IT.
Over the last two years, I have been very much a 100% or 0% type of person. This means I was extremely productive, juggling school, exercise, and programming in a tight schedule, until I burned out and slacked off, sometimes for days, before pulling myself together again. This summer, after graduating high school, I wanted to get as much work as possible done on my game. But I only managed to work productively for five out of eight weeks, as conflicts with friends and troubles getting my driver’s license derailed me. I ended up spending weeks in my room distracting myself with shows I was not even interested in and playing boring video games, just to avoid the growing self hatred and shame caused by this very behavior.
Because of this, my main priority right now is to get my life back together and find a way to work towards my goals consistently. I tend to push myself too hard, which makes it difficult to sustain my efforts for more than a few weeks. This time, I will try to slowly increase the intensity of my workload every two weeks.
I plan on posting an update every two weeks to share my progress and hold myself accountable.
My goal until September 14th is to establish a good routine around my new occupation as a paramedic trainee, which requires me to be out of the house from 07:15 to 17:45.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this post
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
