Mike154
New Contributor
Hey everyone, first off want to wish everyone happy holidays!
My name is Mike and it's by pure coincidence I came across MJ DeMarco's book Unscripted on amazon. I took a chance on it and over half way through it (I'll be finished with it today). A little bit about myself: I did 6 years in the army as a 19D Cavalry Scout, deployed to Iraq, and when I got out got my degree in chemistry. I'd like to say I left debt free but I did pay a price by 6 years of service and putting my life on the line so it wasn't "free."
Anyways I'm really starting to see an impact on my thought process and instead of starting my business with a "money chasing" mentality I'm trying to redirect my focus on how does this business of mine add value...which as dumb as it sounds something I should have been thinking about the whole time. I guess this is part of the breaking the Scripted dialogue/thoughts and going to an Unscripted one where we need to create value and love creating that value.
I don't want to ramble on but I do have a question if I may ask in my introductory message. When reading the book Unscripted I was at the chapter where he mentions meaning and purpose, when asked what was mine I honestly had to take a moment to think about it and almost got depressed because I had an oh crap moment and realized I had none. So I took my dog for a car ride and realized a reoccurring theme I had since I was a kid that still sticks with me today (31 years old)...I want to have total control of my life and not have to answer to anyone, in a sense autonomy. My business idea (which we don't have to get into) is just a means to get there but does incorporate something I'm passionate about, but not my end all be all passion. I guess my question and I'd even ask what's your meaning and purpose, is it alright that my meaning and purpose in life is to have complete control over my life? I don't want to bash productivity but I feel productivity/value to me is a means for freedom? When asked what I'd do if I had a billion dollars and after I traveled, bought my dream house, my 67 Shelby mustang, what would I do with my life?...honestly my answer to that was "whatever I want." Freedom is the goal.
I rambled on too much! It's great to be part of this forum and I look forward to hearing about everyone's journey and wish you all the best of luck in your success!
Mike
My name is Mike and it's by pure coincidence I came across MJ DeMarco's book Unscripted on amazon. I took a chance on it and over half way through it (I'll be finished with it today). A little bit about myself: I did 6 years in the army as a 19D Cavalry Scout, deployed to Iraq, and when I got out got my degree in chemistry. I'd like to say I left debt free but I did pay a price by 6 years of service and putting my life on the line so it wasn't "free."
Anyways I'm really starting to see an impact on my thought process and instead of starting my business with a "money chasing" mentality I'm trying to redirect my focus on how does this business of mine add value...which as dumb as it sounds something I should have been thinking about the whole time. I guess this is part of the breaking the Scripted dialogue/thoughts and going to an Unscripted one where we need to create value and love creating that value.
I don't want to ramble on but I do have a question if I may ask in my introductory message. When reading the book Unscripted I was at the chapter where he mentions meaning and purpose, when asked what was mine I honestly had to take a moment to think about it and almost got depressed because I had an oh crap moment and realized I had none. So I took my dog for a car ride and realized a reoccurring theme I had since I was a kid that still sticks with me today (31 years old)...I want to have total control of my life and not have to answer to anyone, in a sense autonomy. My business idea (which we don't have to get into) is just a means to get there but does incorporate something I'm passionate about, but not my end all be all passion. I guess my question and I'd even ask what's your meaning and purpose, is it alright that my meaning and purpose in life is to have complete control over my life? I don't want to bash productivity but I feel productivity/value to me is a means for freedom? When asked what I'd do if I had a billion dollars and after I traveled, bought my dream house, my 67 Shelby mustang, what would I do with my life?...honestly my answer to that was "whatever I want." Freedom is the goal.
I rambled on too much! It's great to be part of this forum and I look forward to hearing about everyone's journey and wish you all the best of luck in your success!
Mike
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
