What's new

Introducing myself.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

andrew.bs

PARKED
Joined
Feb 21, 2023
Messages
1
Rep Bank
$50
I've been a wallflower for too long, I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Andrew. Buckle in, this is a long background, but it brings us to today.

I have been working in Restaurants since I legally could (and in bars technically since before I legally should have...). In restaurants I have gone the route of specializing on the bar. I have continually dug into and expanded my knowledge of wines, eventually getting a job as a sommelier.

Then, one year ago, I found out I had a auto-immune disease. Thyroid Eye disease to be exact. Those not familiar: essentially the tissue behind my eyes swells up, pushing my eyes out of my head. There is also an extreme light sensitivity that develops. So...you can't focus your sight on anything, you struggle to go outside, and even looking at a computer screen is hard (IT'S TOO BRIGHT, haha). Now, I'll be the first one to tell anyone: I'm lucky, I'm one of the few that has this issue but doesn't suffer complications with my thyroid (usually there are all sorts of side effect, etc. So, as far as issues go, I won the lottery there!) However, because there were no side issues, my doctors took almost a year to finally diagnose me. They kept saying "Well...yeah, you could still have it. That's a possibility, but it isn't very common without the other issues...")

So, I lost almost a year. I'd be prescribed something to treat the symptom. It'd go away, I'd go through more tests. The temporary relief (usually oral steroids) would wear off, I'd get knocked out again. I'd stay in bed, sometimes for the entire day. Rinse. Repeat.

And just wait: the above has all the right characteristics of a classis 'woe is me' 'this is why I can't succeed' story. But it isn't. The truth is, I found that, in spite of the discomfort and my inability to do basic tasks, I was forced to do what I could with what I had been given. Barely see that day? I'll wear sunglasses while inside in a dark room to be able to keep working on my laptop. I very clearly did not continue working at the same level as before my episode, but I did everything in my power to do what I could when I could. I found an inner strength and resolve I didn't know I had. If I could go back, if someone offered me the chance to never go through that episode, I'd say hell no. As uncomfortable as that all was, it changed me for the better.

When I had no choice but to stay in bed, I thought. And kept thinking and thinking. I took stock of my life. I grabbed whatever moments I could to read, to think. To take charge of anything I could. I read a book in one of my good times: "The Miracle Morning" in January of 2023, and I started to wake up early when I could. I was hoping to improve my health to improve and with that to improve my body's response to my eyes...that book recommended 'the millionaire fastlane .'

So it all begins haha...

Fast forward to today. I am working on a project "SYN" (It's an acronym, chosen for the possible side merch, 'syn city' 'forgive us for our syns') It's an online training platform. The focus is helping servers progress from more casual dining settings to fine dining. There is a focus on wine knowledge (as someone who hires professionally for a restaurant at the moment: this is usually where people need the most help). It is a lot. And a long uphill battle, but I will push on. I believe it is something that will deliver excellent value and help a ton of people. I definitely hope so too, because that would help me as well.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O'wi ciip e xemmgmuxis gus vuu muph, O vjuahjv O xuamf opvsufadi nztimg.

Nz peni ot Epfsix. Cadlmi op, vjot ot e muph cedlhsuapf, cav ov csopht at vu vufez.

O jewi ciip xusloph op Sitveasepvt topdi O mihemmz duamf (epf op cest vidjpodemmz topdi cigusi O mihemmz tjuamf jewi...). Op sitveasepvt O jewi hupi vji suavi ug tqidoemoboph up vji ces. O jewi dupvopaemmz fah opvu epf iyqepfif nz lpuxmifhi ug xopit, iwipvaemmz hivvoph e kuc et e tunnimois.

Vjip, upi zies ehu, O guapf uav O jef e eavu-onnapi fotieti. Vjzsuof Izi fotieti vu ci iyedv. Vjuti puv genomoes: ittipvoemmz vji vottai cijopf nz izit tximmt aq, qatjoph nz izit uav ug nz jief. Vjisi ot emtu ep iyvsini mohjv tiptovowovz vjev fiwimuqt. Tu...zua dep'v gudat zuas tohjv up epzvjoph, zua tvsahhmi vu hu uavtofi, epf iwip muuloph ev e dunqavis tdsiip ot jesf (OV'T VUU CSOHJV, jeje). Pux, O'mm ci vji gostv upi vu vimm epzupi: O'n madlz, O'n upi ug vji gix vjev jet vjot ottai cav fuitp'v taggis dunqmodevoupt xovj nz vjzsuof (ataemmz vjisi esi emm tusvt ug tofi iggidv, ivd. Tu, et ges et ottait hu, O xup vji muvvisz vjisi!) Juxiwis, cideati vjisi xisi pu tofi ottait, nz fudvust vuul emnutv e zies vu gopemmz foehputi ni. Vjiz liqv tezoph "Ximm...ziej, zua duamf tvomm jewi ov. Vjev't e quttocomovz, cav ov otp'v wisz dunnup xovjuav vji uvjis ottait...")

Tu, O mutv emnutv e zies. O'f ci qsitdsocif tunivjoph vu vsiev vji tznqvun. Ov'f hu exez, O'f hu vjsuahj nusi vitvt. Vji vinqusesz simoig (ataemmz usem tvisuoft) xuamf xies ugg, O'f hiv lpudlif uav eheop. O'f tvez op cif, tunivonit gus vji ipvosi fez. Sopti. Siqiev.

Epf katv xeov: vji ecuwi jet emm vji sohjv djesedvisotvodt ug e dmettot 'xui ot ni' 'vjot ot xjz O dep'v taddiif' tvusz. Cav ov otp'v. Vji vsavj ot, O guapf vjev, op tqovi ug vji fotdungusv epf nz opecomovz vu fu cetod vetlt, O xet gusdif vu fu xjev O duamf xovj xjev O jef ciip howip. Cesimz tii vjev fez? O'mm xies taphmettit xjomi optofi op e fesl suun vu ci ecmi vu liiq xusloph up nz meqvuq. O wisz dmiesmz fof puv dupvopai xusloph ev vji teni miwim et cigusi nz iqotufi, cav O fof iwiszvjoph op nz quxis vu fu xjev O duamf xjip O duamf. O guapf ep oppis tvsiphvj epf situmwi O fofp'v lpux O jef. Og O duamf hu cedl, og tuniupi uggisif ni vji djepdi vu piwis hu vjsuahj vjev iqotufi, O'f tez jimm pu. Et apdungusvecmi et vjev emm xet, ov djephif ni gus vji civvis.

Xjip O jef pu djuodi cav vu tvez op cif, O vjuahjv. Epf liqv vjoploph epf vjoploph. O vuul tvudl ug nz mogi. O hseccif xjeviwis nunipvt O duamf vu sief, vu vjopl. Vu veli djeshi ug epzvjoph O duamf. O sief e cuul op upi ug nz huuf vonit: "Vji Nosedmi Nuspoph" op Kepaesz ug 2023, epf O tvesvif vu xeli aq iesmz xjip O duamf. O xet juqoph vu onqsuwi nz jiemvj vu onqsuwi epf xovj vjev vu onqsuwi nz cufz't sitqupti vu nz izit...vjev cuul sidunnipfif 'vji nommoupeosi getvmepi.'

Tu ov emm cihopt jeje...

Getv gusxesf vu vufez. O en xusloph up e qsukidv "TZP" (Ov't ep edsupzn, djutip gus vji quttocmi tofi nisdj, 'tzp dovz' 'gushowi at gus uas tzpt') Ov't ep upmopi vseopoph qmevgusn. Vji gudat ot jimqoph tiswist qsuhsitt gsun nusi detaem fopoph tivvopht vu gopi fopoph. Vjisi ot e gudat up xopi lpuxmifhi (et tuniupi xju josit qsugittoupemmz gus e sitveasepv ev vji nunipv: vjot ot ataemmz xjisi qiuqmi piif vji nutv jimq). Ov ot e muv. Epf e muph aqjomm cevvmi, cav O xomm qatj up. O cimoiwi ov ot tunivjoph vjev xomm fimowis iydimmipv wemai epf jimq e vup ug qiuqmi. O figopovimz juqi tu vuu, cXimideati vjev xuamf jimq ni et ximm.
Ximduni- O en tef vu jies ecuav zuas wesouat jiemvj qsucmint. O en hmef vu jies vjev zua jewi velip dupvsum ug zuas mogi epf xepv vu nuwi gusxesf. Huuf madl. Giim gsii vu dupvedv ni og zua xepv vu "veml" vu tuniupi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom