TriathlonDreamer
New Contributor
- Joined
- Feb 18, 2020
- Messages
- 4
Rep Bank
$65
$65
User Power: 125%
Hello everybody,
I’m Max, Italian living in Paris (Chatenay Malabry). I’m an engineer with a PhD in Economics and have been working in the financial services for 20 years. I am currently a middle manager in a large and well-known corporation. I am specialized in insurance and know probably each single underwriter in Europe…
I am aware that many people would just dream of my salary. However, they may not realize that I am a “slowlaner” (I assume you have red De Marco’s book), and am living in a golden cage that will escort me to retirement.
My main goal is to gain financial independence, and since one year I have been actively looking to start a new business that will allow me to quit my job.
I started with one real estate investment (currently in the process of launching my first co-living rental, just after the C0VlD-19 lockdown). This will bring some nice after tax cash flow, but will not substitute fully my current salary.
I am considering Amazon FBA selling, and have spent literally dozens of hours on Jungle Scout to find the first product to start. However, I have not found yet the idea that will allow me to grow a scalable business. I am not even sure that such business can become scalable, by nature.
Since I have red the Millionaire Fastlane (and thanks God for having run into it by chance, while avidly reading similar books) I have realized I want to start a business that I can sell for a decent amount in 5 years. This is not easy. But I have a personal goal for it.
Mine is not a Lamborghini (albeit I would not dismiss to own an Aventador one day…
), but rather to have the capital to start a private school business, here in the suburbs of Paris. I love children, and I am fascinated by the way they learn and create new ideas. I don’t want to run the business with the treat of creditors on by back, I would love to have the financial independence to manage it “my way”, to focus on innovating education to allow children to exploit their maximum potential.
I am sharing my story here to meet likeminded people. I am strong-minded about what I want to achieve, but am an eager learner when it comes to entrepreneurship.
Cheers
Max
I’m Max, Italian living in Paris (Chatenay Malabry). I’m an engineer with a PhD in Economics and have been working in the financial services for 20 years. I am currently a middle manager in a large and well-known corporation. I am specialized in insurance and know probably each single underwriter in Europe…
I am aware that many people would just dream of my salary. However, they may not realize that I am a “slowlaner” (I assume you have red De Marco’s book), and am living in a golden cage that will escort me to retirement.
My main goal is to gain financial independence, and since one year I have been actively looking to start a new business that will allow me to quit my job.
I started with one real estate investment (currently in the process of launching my first co-living rental, just after the C0VlD-19 lockdown). This will bring some nice after tax cash flow, but will not substitute fully my current salary.
I am considering Amazon FBA selling, and have spent literally dozens of hours on Jungle Scout to find the first product to start. However, I have not found yet the idea that will allow me to grow a scalable business. I am not even sure that such business can become scalable, by nature.
Since I have red the Millionaire Fastlane (and thanks God for having run into it by chance, while avidly reading similar books) I have realized I want to start a business that I can sell for a decent amount in 5 years. This is not easy. But I have a personal goal for it.
Mine is not a Lamborghini (albeit I would not dismiss to own an Aventador one day…
I am sharing my story here to meet likeminded people. I am strong-minded about what I want to achieve, but am an eager learner when it comes to entrepreneurship.
Cheers
Max
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
