The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

40 yo from France

voyageur.zen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 17, 2023
Hi, I don't usually introduce myself in forums, but I'll give it a try here.

My name's Vincent, I'm 40 yo (feels like 25 though) from France. I'm mostly into cinema, writing, photography and traveling.
Bad decisions (well they didn't feel bad at the time) lead me to be stuck, back at my parents home in the middle of nowhere, after 12 years in Paris working in the cinema industry, a failed attempt to a nomadic life and no luck on my Canadian working holiday visa.
I've been stuck there since 2017 (I did travel a bit and spent 8 months as a volunteer in an animal shelter in Spain) and lost my last young years in my teenager room, feeling extremely depressed. France (aka Sidewalkers Kingdom) has positive sides, but when it comes to employment and housing, it's one of the worst places ever...

I'm tried a few stupid things that didn't work, like dropshipping. I also learned web dev. I've been working as a writer for a Berlin-based company (articles for websites), but since I found a solution to get a room in Paris or Berlin (housinganywhere.com) last year, the work went down and I had some unexpected expenses. I needed a few good months to be ok, instead I just have bad months.

I recently created a cinema newsletter that has potential (a free streaming platform curation newsletter + a paid film analysis for cinephiles in french) , but so far it doesn't work much (I haven't made any paid ad yet). At least, i enjoy it.
I'm learning Python (to go towards Machine Learning and Data Science) and Unreal Engine (not being able to do photo and video here leaned me to video game making, mostly as a curiosity, that software has a lot of potential in movie making). I'm always been a passionate learner and can do a LOT of things, I can't spend a day without learning something or reading. But French recruiters being obsessed with diplomas more than skills, it's mostly to work as a freelancer or to create my own business (I'm thinking about one but hope to get bette ideas). One thing I'm bad at is marketing and business though... I'm a creative, not a seller. I'm still determined to not sale my time anymore, and to work for myself first. I don't want to go back where I was.

But to do that I need to be in a big city. I'm trying to find a solution to get some money so I can go back to Paris or go to Berlin. From there, I'd work as a video/photo freelancer, write and work on an online business idea to be sure to get enough money, until I can create a production company. So online business + freelance if needed -> filmmaking. My goal is to find a way to live doing what I like, and control it.

I'm currently reading "The Millionnaire Fastlane" after hearing about it in a Youtube video from an English guy...

That was longer than expected.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Hello / Salut :cool:

Welcome here! I'm french too AND my name is Vincent too.

I am still working as an experienced sales people for the moment (I plan to leave when my business will be strong enough). I will gladly help/advise you about sales/marketing if you need it.

Looking forward to see your evolution here. Take your time to read the book, it's important to not rush it to clearly get the concepts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...