What's new

Intro From Calgary Canada

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Alfiero

New Contributor
Joined
Mar 22, 2019
Messages
4
Location
Calgary Canada
Rep Bank
$100
User Power: 50%
Hi All!

My name is Alfiero, I'm 32 from Calgary Canada. I'd like to start by thanking @MJ DeMarco for sharing his knowledge and experience. After spending countless hours sifting through the bullshit "gurus" I was relieved to hear the bullshit free teachings of MJ among a select few others like Dan Lok and Dan Pena. I've listened to TMF a couple times and am now listening to Unscripted . TMF was amazing as it clarified quite a few things for me but also validated some thoughts and ideas I already had, and helped me be confident that I am actually working towards getting into the fastlane. So thanks MJ!

I'm a first generation Canadian born and raised to Italian immigrants. I grew up in a strange dichotomy as my father was strong willed, driven and open minded. While my mother was also open minded in some sense and encouraging, she has a very fearful and worrisome scarcity mentality. As I've gotten older I only recently started to realize how this affected my development. While I took after my father in drive and curiosity, I also had an almost crippling, limiting, self doubting mentality. My father worked almost endlessly to give us the life he never had, so while I had enough of him in my life to give me some of his perspective and mentality, my mom did most of the raising. While this helicopter parenting made me fearful and doubtful of myself and the world, with my fathers rebellious side in me, it actually created the environment I needed to become rebellious and rejecting of the status quo overall. Initially this got me in a lot of trouble throughout high school, doing drugs, skipping endlessly, and I began to have my first FTE.

Out of high school, my friends and I having a strong distrust of the school system, and frankly just being sick of school in general, decided to take some time before applying to post secondary and try out the work force.
For a couple years we worked trades and dead end jobs, spending everything we made on drinking and chasing girls. By 21 my dad got cancer, this gave me a serious wake up call, and made me realize the value of the time we have in life. After my dad finally passed, I actually began to live two paths simultaneously. On one hand I began drinking and doing more stupid shit to deal with my feelings, but on the other hand a fire awakened inside of me to take my life by the balls and do something significant with my life.

So after a period of depression, sulking and loathing. I decided to finally make a "career choice". I got into bartending because I have a lot of family in the hospitality industry and always had a glorified view of bar and club ownership. I worked my way up the ranks and by 26 had decided I knew enough and worked for enough successful idiots to take a shot at it myself.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom