The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro/First-Post - Cuauh_Tech

cuauh777

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 12, 2023
Portland, Oregon
Hi everyone,

I'm very excited and thankful to have found this community. Reading through "The Millionaire Fastlane " was also incredibly refreshing, having spent a good amount of time navigating personal development material that personally didn't align or feel very genuine. Relationships, community, and service have always ranked high on my list of values and are part of why I've always been drawn to the tech community. To find a similar platform/community geared towards personal development topics, which mostly has been very "personal" w/o much community for me, is beyond amazing, to say the least!

Brief Personal Background:
Despite not having made it very far in traditional education (as of the moment), personal development, reading, and continuous learning have always been a few of my top personal passions. Ever since I was young, I've always loved to learn and grow, having an interest especially in STEM areas. However, growing up "financially frugally" w/thankfully one employed parent working two jobs to provide for the family, I've kept my ambition and interest in the financial aspect of wealth/success mostly to myself. Giving back to my amazing mom is a huge motivator for me.

General Objectives:
With money being a topic that was avoided at all costs growing up (pun somewhat intended lol..), it's a big "area for growth" of mine with a number of "toxified wealth" beliefs, as mentioned in the first part of The Millionaire Fastlane book. Thus, I'm determined to find and connect with others who can help develop/guide my understanding/skill/knowledge of wealth in order to become the best version of myself the universe would have me be so that I'm of maximum service to others & the world!

Current "Slow lane" Positioning:
Professionally, I've taken my passion and curiosity for technology/computers more seriously over the past few years, working as a freelance IT support technician & programmer, data center technician, systems/network administrator, and now junior DevOps engineer. I'm still very early on in my "traditional/slow-lane career," being 24 years old and having just stopped working in the kitchen industry four years ago. I've found I'm definitely drawn more to contributing to start-ups and small-sized teams rather than bigger corporations, though (nothing against big corps), and so that's just another one of the many internal indicators I've found pointing me towards acting in alignment with an entrepreneurial nature.

I'm looking forward to connecting and learning from others on how to maximize my usefulness to society and the world and contribute value wherever I can. I will also be reading the other recommended books to better participate, ask questions, answer questions, etc.

Much appreciated,

- cuauh_tech / Ivan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm very excited and thankful to have found this community. Reading through "The Millionaire Fastlane " was also incredibly refreshing, having spent a good amount of time navigating personal development material that personally didn't align or feel very genuine. Relationships, community, and service have always ranked high on my list of values and are part of why I've always been drawn to the tech community. To find a similar platform/community geared towards personal development topics, which mostly has been very "personal" w/o much community for me, is beyond amazing, to say the least!

Brief Personal Background:
Despite not having made it very far in traditional education (as of the moment), personal development, reading, and continuous learning have always been a few of my top personal passions. Ever since I was young, I've always loved to learn and grow, having an interest especially in STEM areas. However, growing up "financially frugally" w/thankfully one employed parent working two jobs to provide for the family, I've kept my ambition and interest in the financial aspect of wealth/success mostly to myself. Giving back to my amazing mom is a huge motivator for me.

General Objectives:
With money being a topic that was avoided at all costs growing up (pun somewhat intended lol..), it's a big "area for growth" of mine with a number of "toxified wealth" beliefs, as mentioned in the first part of The Millionaire Fastlane book. Thus, I'm determined to find and connect with others who can help develop/guide my understanding/skill/knowledge of wealth in order to become the best version of myself the universe would have me be so that I'm of maximum service to others & the world!

Current "Slow lane" Positioning:
Professionally, I've taken my passion and curiosity for technology/computers more seriously over the past few years, working as a freelance IT support technician & programmer, data center technician, systems/network administrator, and now junior DevOps engineer. I'm still very early on in my "traditional/slow-lane career," being 24 years old and having just stopped working in the kitchen industry four years ago. I've found I'm definitely drawn more to contributing to start-ups and small-sized teams rather than bigger corporations, though (nothing against big corps), and so that's just another one of the many internal indicators I've found pointing me towards acting in alignment with an entrepreneurial nature.

I'm looking forward to connecting and learning from others on how to maximize my usefulness to society and the world and contribute value wherever I can. I will also be reading the other recommended books to better participate, ask questions, answer questions, etc.

Much appreciated,

- cuauh_tech / Ivan
Welcome, Ivan.

There are many more people who are in a better position to help you with your situation compared to me, but I just wanted to share my few cents.

1. You’ve gotten a great mindset, not revolving around money and greed which is a common theme amongst newer forum members.

2. you talk about being maximum service to others, but you’ve got to realize it starts with one person. Then ten, then a hundred and so on.

How can you add value to someone’s life right now?

3. This is more of a forum tip, but you should read gold threads; this is a default to all new forum users, because of the fact it teaches you where to start.

Of course, you don’t need a guide if you already have an idea, you should still read threads, because they have the mistakes you can avoid.

4. Attempt to add more white space, it makes it easier for others to read your posts. Of course, you already have good white spacing, but you can try breaking up your texts a bit more.

That’s all. My two questions for you are:

Do you know what your next step is? Is it reading threads? Is it starting your business? Is it research?

Whats the quickest way to add value to someone? Does it align with your purpose?

Hopefully that helps, but I wonder what others have to say because I’ve never been in your shoes before. Curious to hear what more experienced people have to say.

Until then,

-John

cuauh777

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 12, 2023
Portland, Oregon
Welcome, Ivan.

There are many more people who are in a better position to help you with your situation compared to me, but I just wanted to share my few cents.

1. You’ve gotten a great mindset, not revolving around money and greed which is a common theme amongst newer forum members.

2. you talk about being maximum service to others, but you’ve got to realize it starts with one person. Then ten, then a hundred and so on.

How can you add value to someone’s life right now?

3. This is more of a forum tip, but you should read gold threads; this is a default to all new forum users, because of the fact it teaches you where to start.

Of course, you don’t need a guide if you already have an idea, you should still read threads, because they have the mistakes you can avoid.

4. Attempt to add more white space, it makes it easier for others to read your posts. Of course, you already have good white spacing, but you can try breaking up your texts a bit more.

That’s all. My two questions for you are:

Do you know what your next step is? Is it reading threads? Is it starting your business? Is it research?

Whats the quickest way to add value to someone? Does it align with your purpose?

Hopefully that helps, but I wonder what others have to say because I’ve never been in your shoes before. Curious to hear what more experienced people have to say.

Until then,

-John

Hi John!

Believe it or not, this was precisely the kind of message I needed now, and I really appreciate you for taking the time to share your few cents. And you answered several of the questions I had wanted to ask others from when I first joined! (Mostly the piece on where tf do I start?? ~ definitely will jump into the gold threads)

I just yesterday logged an "objective/to-do" to start a thread to document & share with the community my 1st iteration at taking an idea through the 3As & 7Ps.

I had some weird worries/fears/etc about not doing my due diligence (not that anyone's forcing anyone to do anything ofc..) & being labeled/outed/idk for not having completed any of the recommended books before engaging the forum, so after joining and posting the quick intro I immediately gave UNSCRIPTED a through-and-through 1st read over the following few days (took a number of hours, luckily I have an abundance of free time at the moment)

After my UNSCRIPTED 1st read, and a portion of The Millionaire Fastlane , I immediately started bouncing around chapters & working on discovering/brain-storming anything that could potentially match / be worth pursuing further.

After a couple of hours of considering a ton of different aspects (skills, interests, domain knowledge, problems, issues, solutions, etc) and having fun brainstorming & refining ideas, I landed on one that I've since ran with & that sizes up well (from my, "minimal experience", opinion & best judgment at least.. lol) to the CENTS model

I've spent hours over the past week running with the idea, having no idea what I'm doing, but jumping through a ton of the considerations/practices in the "From idea to Productocracy" process. Market research, soft proofing, value skewing/consideration, Action => Assessment => Adjustment..

The "pond" and issue/need/want are in the food industry (with potential application to other industries too.. but trying to keep it super simple to start & have ONE specific target audience), where I'm obv a client (like most people I'd assume lol) but have also spend a number of years working kitchens, and the solution/service/product is in the crossover/application of technology to the restaurant industry.

I've been working the past fourish days mostly on getting a simple v1 of "my" (company) site up, and then an "example"/demo site next. (Diving periodically into obsessive, distracted "research" of competition, tech stack considerations, solution ideas, etc.) I'm trying to return again & again to the objective of keeping it as simple as possible, to begin with, as I can super easily want to over-engineer the crap out of the technology/web application that will be the core of what is making life easier for my target audience & what I'm offering.

With both sites up (Which will be done within the next week), and a more refined-straight-forward offer of what I can do for the "target audience," how, and answers to any questions that might arise. I'll be good to go on getting some "harder" proofing by engaging the target audience to further determine the "NEED".

Luckily, the web application MVP (the core of my service) isn't anything super groundbreaking, and I'm guessing it would take a month max for me to develop. (Potentially needing some outside assistance from a front-end developer). need to change my username bc I'm seriously not a tech genius or even that good at coding at all, (simply an interest) & don't want to come across as thinking I am.. lol. barley graduated HS ngl.

I love what you mentioned about starting by helping ONE person well, before trying to go help a crap ton of people lol. I'm super lucky to have a personal connection to someone who fits my "targeted-audience" perfectly, a restaurant owner, that I'm going to be helping out anyways, and I'm near certain would totally be up for being my first "client", as it's essentially all up-side from his POV with only a super minor upfront time cost.

Goal being getting just ONE client initially to gather data, assessment => adjust , ensure the application is working as expected, smooth out the company-client relationship process, mission, etc. Then there are a number of other local "target-audience" prospects I've identified for (in case the personal connect doesn't work or otherwise) onboarding/acquiring more clients.

So far determining a "revenue model" has been what's tripped me up the most. Bounced around from manically thinking ab how I could engineer a solution to maximize profits as much as possible at a point ngl, but have luckily (usually after resting/break) continued to come back to "put the customer first" and solve problems as best as possible rather than being profit focused. Especially with "low cost" being one of the values I'm skewing/leveraging to stand out from "competition"

---------

Sorry for the length of the response, & rambling; as I mentioned, I've been meaning to start a thread dedicated to writing this stuff down, lol.

I'm super glad to have gotten your message though, because aside from calling a few people in the kitchen industry to pass the idea by, I don't have anyone in my life who supports (or understands) this kind of entrepreneurial venture/endeavor/project very much at all, so I mostly keep this kind of stuff to myself tbh. Not that I'm expecting to "make it big" or even that this particular project will catch traction or anything, but simply taking advantage of an opportunity w/free time I have at the moment.

Point being, I realized I've been grinding this essentially completely alone so far (luckily I've barley even taken my first baby steps so far lol) and have no idea wtf I'm doing. And mentors/feedback/consultation/suggestions/etc I can imagine is probably paramount in entrepreneurship, but especially when completely new to the practice.

Soo..

I appreciate you checking in & I'm reminded of how even a small comment to a stranger can be much more impactful to them (or someone else) than initially perceived. I hope to do the same (engage with random/new members) as I gain more experience (=

- Ivan

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Hi John!

Believe it or not, this was precisely the kind of message I needed now, and I really appreciate you for taking the time to share your few cents. And you answered several of the questions I had wanted to ask others from when I first joined! (Mostly the piece on where tf do I start?? ~ definitely will jump into the gold threads)

I just yesterday logged an "objective/to-do" to start a thread to document & share with the community my 1st iteration at taking an idea through the 3As & 7Ps.

I had some weird worries/fears/etc about not doing my due diligence (not that anyone's forcing anyone to do anything ofc..) & being labeled/outed/idk for not having completed any of the recommended books before engaging the forum, so after joining and posting the quick intro I immediately gave UNSCRIPTED a through-and-through 1st read over the following few days (took a number of hours, luckily I have an abundance of free time at the moment)

After my UNSCRIPTED 1st read, and a portion of The Millionaire Fastlane , I immediately started bouncing around chapters & working on discovering/brain-storming anything that could potentially match / be worth pursuing further.

After a couple of hours of considering a ton of different aspects (skills, interests, domain knowledge, problems, issues, solutions, etc) and having fun brainstorming & refining ideas, I landed on one that I've since ran with & that sizes up well (from my, "minimal experience", opinion & best judgment at least.. lol) to the CENTS model

I've spent hours over the past week running with the idea, having no idea what I'm doing, but jumping through a ton of the considerations/practices in the "From idea to Productocracy" process. Market research, soft proofing, value skewing/consideration, Action => Assessment => Adjustment..

The "pond" and issue/need/want are in the food industry (with potential application to other industries too.. but trying to keep it super simple to start & have ONE specific target audience), where I'm obv a client (like most people I'd assume lol) but have also spend a number of years working kitchens, and the solution/service/product is in the crossover/application of technology to the restaurant industry.

I've been working the past fourish days mostly on getting a simple v1 of "my" (company) site up, and then an "example"/demo site next. (Diving periodically into obsessive, distracted "research" of competition, tech stack considerations, solution ideas, etc.) I'm trying to return again & again to the objective of keeping it as simple as possible, to begin with, as I can super easily want to over-engineer the crap out of the technology/web application that will be the core of what is making life easier for my target audience & what I'm offering.

With both sites up (Which will be done within the next week), and a more refined-straight-forward offer of what I can do for the "target audience," how, and answers to any questions that might arise. I'll be good to go on getting some "harder" proofing by engaging the target audience to further determine the "NEED".

Luckily, the web application MVP (the core of my service) isn't anything super groundbreaking, and I'm guessing it would take a month max for me to develop. (Potentially needing some outside assistance from a front-end developer). need to change my username bc I'm seriously not a tech genius or even that good at coding at all, (simply an interest) & don't want to come across as thinking I am.. lol. barley graduated HS ngl.

I love what you mentioned about starting by helping ONE person well, before trying to go help a crap ton of people lol. I'm super lucky to have a personal connection to someone who fits my "targeted-audience" perfectly, a restaurant owner, that I'm going to be helping out anyways, and I'm near certain would totally be up for being my first "client", as it's essentially all up-side from his POV with only a super minor upfront time cost.

Goal being getting just ONE client initially to gather data, assessment => adjust , ensure the application is working as expected, smooth out the company-client relationship process, mission, etc. Then there are a number of other local "target-audience" prospects I've identified for (in case the personal connect doesn't work or otherwise) onboarding/acquiring more clients.

So far determining a "revenue model" has been what's tripped me up the most. Bounced around from manically thinking ab how I could engineer a solution to maximize profits as much as possible at a point ngl, but have luckily (usually after resting/break) continued to come back to "put the customer first" and solve problems as best as possible rather than being profit focused. Especially with "low cost" being one of the values I'm skewing/leveraging to stand out from "competition"

---------

Sorry for the length of the response, & rambling; as I mentioned, I've been meaning to start a thread dedicated to writing this stuff down, lol.

I'm super glad to have gotten your message though, because aside from calling a few people in the kitchen industry to pass the idea by, I don't have anyone in my life who supports (or understands) this kind of entrepreneurial venture/endeavor/project very much at all, so I mostly keep this kind of stuff to myself tbh. Not that I'm expecting to "make it big" or even that this particular project will catch traction or anything, but simply taking advantage of an opportunity w/free time I have at the moment.

Point being, I realized I've been grinding this essentially completely alone so far (luckily I've barley even taken my first baby steps so far lol) and have no idea wtf I'm doing. And mentors/feedback/consultation/suggestions/etc I can imagine is probably paramount in entrepreneurship, but especially when completely new to the practice.

Soo..

I appreciate you checking in & I'm reminded of how even a small comment to a stranger can be much more impactful to them (or someone else) than initially perceived. I hope to do the same (engage with random/new members) as I gain more experience (=

- Ivan
Hey Ivan;

First off: Great job taking action! Like holy moly. Your just training through it all.

You did absolutely nothing wrong, your just filling me in on more information so I can get more about your position.

If you’d like, we can discuss in PMs and I can share a few more tips and we can bounce back ideas.

One other thing, you didn’t use it much, but you type with abbreviations, like idk, idc, and those just make you seem less competent and more likely to be lazy. (Just my opinion)

And building ontop of the white space: after like every 3-4 sentences/lines, start a new paragraph.

Anyways, I will reach out to you in private messages in a minute, so we can discuss more in depth.

-John

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...