What's new

Intro, and advice needed

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

High Living

New Contributor
Joined
Jan 26, 2019
Messages
7
Rep Bank
$140
User Power: 186%
Hi everyone,

I’ve been following this forum for a while, and now it’s time to introduce myself, as I am about to start my entrepreneurial journey.

For the past 8 years I have been working for some companies leaders in their field, slowlane but “climbing the ladder” relatively quickly. I now find myself in a senior managerial position that pays well, but comes with a lot of stress. I come home after work often late and mentally drained, unable to work effectively on anything else.

Now, I have some decent savings and a small rental property in my home country, that I bought some years ago. Because of this I am thinking to free up that apartment from tenants, and move back there to cut back on my living expenses.

However, I’m struggling to decide between two options:
  1. quit my job and focus entirely on my business for at least 12 months
  2. ask my employer for a relocation, and working part time Monday to Wednesday
Option 1) would give me a lot more time and focus on myself and the business. As you can guess this idea excites me, but also scares me a bit
Option 2) would be the safest but I would only have 2 days/week, and still be stressed out from my slowlane job. I find it hard to accept that I would have to “suck it up” for longer.

What would you do in my position?
If it helps, I want to start with e-commerce and lead generation for service business. I could then do some occasional website building, if the first two don't take off.
I don’t have all the skills yet but I am sure I can learn quickly or outsource what I need. Then, succeeding is another story, but I’ll do my best to get there.


(Edited by mod to remove personal details.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni Hoyyis.

Duaqmi vjuahjvt jisi:

Topdi zua'si vosif ev pohjv epzxez, dep zua hu vu cif epf hiv aq iesmz vu xusl up zuas catopitt cigusi zuas kuc?

Xjz puv hu xovj uqvoup 2 epf og vji inqmuzis sigatit, vjip neli ov dmies zua esi qsiqesif vu xeml exez gsun vji kuc og vjiz fup'v pihuvoevi tunivjoph xovj zua.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom