The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro and advice for monetization on blog

Becky330

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 13, 2017
UK
I'm a forum newbie based in the UK and I own an authority site in the travel niche, it's seven years old and well maintained and was doing very well on affiliates, advertising and campaigns but since the Brexit vote last summer it has taken a big hit.

I'm now looking at different ways to monetize and my next plan is to get big name travel companies to offer me an exclusive discount code (I have built up enough of a reputation and contact list to be able to do this) and then to add to high traffic discount code sites by either adding myself or paying for advertising and then charging the travel company a 'tenancy' fee per month for the amount of leads/sales I send their way.

I did do a test of this but it didn't get approved on any discount code sites as I'm guessing as it had an affiliate link in or it could because I'm an independent blog and not the actual travel company? I wrote to them to ask the reason and also enquired about advertising but I haven't heard anything back yet at all, from any of them (and annoyingly there's never a contact telephone number of these sites). I wonder if they're just not interested as I'm so small fry..? Any advice on this would be awesome :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Hi Becky, and welcome to the forum.

I think you could have more luck in at least getting the feedback, if you're able to somehow contact someone by phone or arrange some meeting. Even if they don't currently do the kind of deals you're after - there's nothing to say you can't talk them into it.

If these websites are really big, it sounds strange that there's no any corporate info, but I'm sure with some effort you can find a relevant point of contact. Maybe you can start by checking whois info for those websites and working from there.

Also, being in the industry, maybe some of your contacts knows someone...even if friend of a friend of a friend. Once you start moving in desired direction with determination, my experience has been that always something happens to help you.

Best of luck and hope to see you around. Building an authority website is surely a respectable endeavor and we could learn a lot from you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...