The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Mastermind Group

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hey FLF,

I'm new to the forum in the sense that I just created an account, but I've been reading these forums for quite some time. I read a post earlier from JimD's "Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)" which as the title says, talks about how to monetize Instagram through affiliate marketing and automation(bots).

What I Want This Post To Accomplish

I want to make a Mastermind group that is held over Skype once a week to talk about moving from a brand new Instagram account to profiting from that specific Instagram account, and then being able to grow multiple accounts after that to increase cash flow.

Due to Instagram changing how they run their app, I'd like to compile all the information we come up with in hopes that others on FLF will be able to replicate what we did without the trials and errors.

What I Expect From The Mastermind Group

- Between 4-6 people
- Some capital is required, we will most likely be using software that will cost money
- Join only if you are in this for the long haul. As JimD said, this is not a get rich quick scheme. We will be trying different techniques, we will fail along the way but in the end I hope to have a system that can be replicated if the effort is their from the person who follows our process.

If anyone has any questions or interested just post below! I believe that Instagram has a lot of potential when it comes to social media marketing and I want to learn with a group of some motivated indivdiuals to get this done. When we have a group formed, we will be making a Progress Thread for those interested in what we are doing!

Hope All Is Well Fast Laners!

-Mikkel

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
I might be down for this if it ends up happening.

I have a few hundred thousand followers and am always growing, plus I am about to launch a new ecommerce store that will be advertised mainly through instagram.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
You are defiantly farther ahead than I am in the journey, @JordanS but that sounds awesome I'd love to see how the eCommerce site turns out!
I myself have an account that is quite small compared to yours, only 4,000 followers at the moment, but gaining 250 followers a day and I have 2 other accounts that are on its way right now.

If we get some more people I think you would bring something great to the table!

We will see if this post can peak anyone else's intrest :)

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
I can never understand why new people think it's okay to show up at someones forum and ask to "steal" users away to somewhere else. So, they can collaborate away from this place. Essentially, removing all value from the forum itself.

The other thing I don't understand is when people are "new" to something and yet want to create a "mastermind" group. Mastermind groups are for "masters", hence the name, not for people trying to learn. That just screams value suck to me.

It's like showing up to a nice dinner party and asking the guests to leave and join you at McDonald's for dinner.

Anyway, just food for thought!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I can never understand why new people think it's okay to show up at someones forum and ask to "steal" users away to somewhere else. So, they can collaborate away from this place. Essentially, removing all value from the forum itself.

Sorry if you feel that way. I specifically said I would like to make a progress thread to show others exactly what we are doing, being transparent. That means we would still be very active to the thread. One way I want to give value back to this forum is to spend some of my own time trying to learn marketing through Instagram and sharing what I have learned. I assume that a lot of businesses out their have to go through trial and error before they start to see any monetary success.

The other thing I don't understand is when people are "new" to something and yet want to create a "mastermind" group. Mastermind groups are for "masters", hence the name, not for people trying to learn. That just screams value suck to me.

I'd first like to point out that I use the definition, "Mastermind group," as the term used by Napoleon Hill, who says it is "the coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony." To me, a Mastermind group is not necessarily made up from masters. To be honest, I doubt their are many "masters" in any field, and to become one it would takes many years to reach and even then you may still not be recognize as a "master." Regardless, I am not new to Instagram, I have been doing these trials by myself for the past 9 months, learning what I know now. The reason I am posting now is because I believe I have a much stronger direction and where I myself would like to go.

If I have overstepped my boundary, by asking to form a mastermind group just because I am "new" to this particular forum, then I apologize. I had only true intentions to give back to this forum because I believe it has already provided me with great value.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Sorry if you feel that way. I specifically said I would like to make a progress thread to show others exactly what we are doing, being transparent. That means we would still be very active to the thread. One way I want to give value back to this forum is to spend some of my own time trying to learn marketing through Instagram and sharing what I have learned. I assume that a lot of businesses out their have to go through trial and error before they start to see any monetary success.

I'd first like to point out that I use the definition, "Mastermind group," as the term used by Napoleon Hill, who says it is "the coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony." To me, a Mastermind group is not necessarily made up from masters. To be honest, I doubt their are many "masters" in any field, and to become one it would takes many years to reach and even then you may still not be recognize as a "master." Regardless, I am not new to Instagram, I have been doing these trials by myself for the past 9 months, learning what I know now. The reason I am posting now is because I believe I have a much stronger direction and where I myself would like to go.

If I have overstepped my boundary, by asking to form a mastermind group just because I am "new" to this particular forum, then I apologize. I had only true intentions to give back to this forum because I believe it has already provided me with great value.

It's not my forum, so you'd have to ask MJ if you overstepped your bounds.

I just wanted to put that out there for something to think about, which you clearly did. So, Kudos to you for that.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Hey @JordanS

Can you share with the forum how you've built up those "hundreds of thousands" of followers with the forum? Build some of that Rep up!

We are all ears here! Let's keep it in the forum thread, no need for a mastermind.

- Stevie

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hey @JordanS

Can you share with the forum how you've built up those "hundreds of thousands" of followers with the forum? Build some of that Rep up!

We are all ears here! Let's keep it in the forum thread, no need for a mastermind.

- Stevie

The article I linked in the first post explains how one can go about building a following of that magnitude. JimD's "Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)" It is also in the AMA's section, it is a great read! The short answer is, Gain a strong social signal(A high followers to following ratio), like followers photos from niche related accounts, and be consistent with your system. Then their is the common, make sure your content is high quality, don't spam your account with a bunch of photos at once and network with other larger accounts for Shoutouts(S4S/SFS/ShoutoutForShoutout.)
That's my motto and I get a steady 250-300 followers per day. A major part of JimD's technique is to use bots to free up his time, so he gets followers without putting in a whole lot of work, besides the initial setup of the bots itself.

This forum post is meant to learn how we can monetize an instagram account, not by shoutouts which is a common method, but by using eCommerce and Affiliate Programs. I felt that JimD set people up very well with his post and getting people started with his idea, I want to try and build off of his idea and try and expand.

I hope you understand :) As said before, I plan to write an in depth forum of exactly how one would go from 0 followers --> desired amount of followers and then monetize that account.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
I'm interested in this mastermind group but I honestly have close to no value to offer.

If this goes well and you'd like to take me in then I'm all for sharing my future experiences.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I'm interested in this mastermind group but I honestly have close to no value to offer.

If this goes well and you'd like to take me in then I'm all for sharing my future experiences.

If you have the determination to follow through that's all I'm looking for. My though for this is that i'd like to have people hold each other accountable, weekly on Skype talk about our progress, where we have stumbled along the way and different ways to move forward. Their is some trial and error involved because Instagram is a bit tricky when it comes to what is allowed and what is not. For instance, if you like to many photos at once you will be banned and lose your account. This one problem can be something that we figure out as a group. Ideally one person will lose their account but we determine the max likes per hour a person can do and we can maximize our accounts by hitting just below that max number of likes per hour.

For those that are new to Instagram or are not familiar with some of the techniques, liking photos from new people help place your account directly in front of new people and is a great way get new followers. I myself like about 100 photos every 2 hours and receive about a 40% follow back.

These small little hurdles will add up but multiple people working on this will defiantly speed up the process and with more heads thinking collectively we may be able to come up with something unique that any one of us individually would not have thought of.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
If you have the determination to follow through that's all I'm looking for. My though for this is that i'd like to have people hold each other accountable, weekly on Skype talk about our progress, where we have stumbled along the way and different ways to move forward. Their is some trial and error involved because Instagram is a bit tricky when it comes to what is allowed and what is not. For instance, if you like to many photos at once you will be banned and lose your account. This one problem can be something that we figure out as a group. Ideally one person will lose their account but we determine the max likes per hour a person can do and we can maximize our accounts by hitting just below that max number of likes per hour.

For those that are new to Instagram or are not familiar with some of the techniques, liking photos from new people help place your account directly in front of new people and is a great way get new followers. I myself like about 100 photos every 2 hours and receive about a 40% follow back.

These small little hurdles will add up but multiple people working on this will defiantly speed up the process and with more heads thinking collectively we may be able to come up with something unique that any one of us individually would not have thought of.

If you read the thread you linked I think he says 1900-2100 likes per day, if it hasn't changed.

Once weekly on skype for me is ok!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
If you read the thread you linked I think he says 1900-2100 likes per day, if it hasn't changed.

Yup I do know that, but that is with a bot doing it 24/7 and Instagram uses is max limit using a sliding time(I believe it is called) of 1 hour. So a bot, to be under the radar, needs to stay within the max limit the whole time when it is running. But some accounts, like my main account, I do manually and you can do more than 100 likes an hour(which would be the limit for a bot) and still be completely fine.

There are subtle differences between the two, but that is just one small hurdle. Hopefully I wrote that and it made sense :rolleyes:

6FiguresKenny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2016
I just started, only have 300+ followers LOL. But I would love to join the mastermind and see what we can do together :)

Regards

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
784%
May 5, 2014
If you sign up for an INSIDERS subscription there is a deep thread that goes into all forms of social media for business in particular many tips on building your instagram. I'd suggest signing up for that before trying to get mastermind members from the forum that dont know what they're doing. I have an instagram with ~20k followers, from my experience a mastermind wont really do much because you are the one that is going to have to do the work to get it from 0-50k before anyone will shout you out or share your page.

There are a couple people on here that are 500k+ on instagram but they are in groups with other accounts that size and they share shoutouts and continue to grow their pages.

Good luck!

6FiguresKenny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2016
Hey @6FiguresKenny,

Thanks for showing interest, i've seen you in some of the other Instagram forums! I'll PM you some of the details.
Thank you bro! Got your PM. I will do the best in contributing in the group! I am a massive action taker. I currently have 2 instagram accounts to be exact, 1 of them is my main account (1.5k followers) and the other is a new account with 300+ followers. I am automating the new account at the moment, using Instagress haha. Looking forawrd to work with you and the team! :)

Regards.
Kenny

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
If you sign up for an INSIDERS subscription there is a deep thread that goes into all forms of social media for business in particular many tips on building your Instagram. I'd suggest signing up for that before trying to get mastermind members from the forum that dont know what they're doing. I have an instagram with ~20k followers, from my experience a mastermind wont really do much because you are the one that is going to have to do the work to get it from 0-50k before anyone will shout you out or share your page.

There are a couple people on here that are 500k+ on instagram but they are in groups with other accounts that size and they share shoutouts and continue to grow their pages.

Good luck!

I appreciate the advice! I have been thinking about joining the INSIDERS forum, there is a LOT of gold just in the regular forum and can't imagine how much there is on the INSIDERS forum. For myself, I don't find it hard to grow my account. After just 1 month I have gotten on average 250 followers and I only plan for that number to exponentially get larger. I have gotten 3 shoutouts from 10K accounts as a 4K account which I am defiantly happy about.

At least for myself, I hope to get more experience about eCommerce and/or Affiliate Marketing. My vision for this Mastermind group was more that people would be able to talk about where they were at per week, and if they had any hurdles they wanted to talk about and as a group we could work them out together.

I'd like to know your opinion on something like this, @Envision . Do you think it would be helpful if you were trying something new like trying to get into eCommerce on a Social Media account to have a small group of 4 or 5 people to talk it over with, or do you think it would better to just post in the forum that I am new to the whole idea of combining the two and I can just state my questions.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Yup I do know that, but that is with a bot doing it 24/7 and Instagram uses is max limit using a sliding time(I believe it is called) of 1 hour. So a bot, to be under the radar, needs to stay within the max limit the whole time when it is running. But some accounts, like my main account, I do manually and you can do more than 100 likes an hour(which would be the limit for a bot) and still be completely fine.

There are subtle differences between the two, but that is just one small hurdle. Hopefully I wrote that and it made sense :rolleyes:
The bots that are being used remain under the radar by using a proxy, and they don't overstep the like limit because there are manual settings where you can limit the amount of likes per day so....

Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Why don't you just start a thread in the INSIDERS? I'd be interested in discussing strategy, but I'm not going to Skype once a week.
I just joined the forum 2 days ago so I am still getting a feel for what is going on. If it is as great as people are saying, I feel like I will be joining in. :)

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Hey FLF,

I'm new to the forum in the sense that I just created an account, but I've been reading these forums for quite some time. I read a post earlier from JimD's "Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)" which as the title says, talks about how to monetize Instagram through affiliate marketing and automation(bots).

What I Want This Post To Accomplish

I want to make a Mastermind group that is held over Skype once a week to talk about moving from a brand new Instagram account to profiting from that specific Instagram account, and then being able to grow multiple accounts after that to increase cash flow.

Due to Instagram changing how they run their app, I'd like to compile all the information we come up with in hopes that others on FLF will be able to replicate what we did without the trials and errors.

What I Expect From The Mastermind Group

- Between 4-6 people
- Some capital is required, we will most likely be using software that will cost money
- Join only if you are in this for the long haul. As JimD said, this is not a get rich quick scheme. We will be trying different techniques, we will fail along the way but in the end I hope to have a system that can be replicated if the effort is their from the person who follows our process.

If anyone has any questions or interested just post below! I believe that Instagram has a lot of potential when it comes to social media marketing and I want to learn with a group of some motivated indivdiuals to get this done. When we have a group formed, we will be making a Progress Thread for those interested in what we are doing!

Hope All Is Well Fast Laners!

-Mikkel
There are already plenty of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook software programs that do this. Just do a simple google search.

And there's already a great course offered by @Aaron W on the INSIDERS.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
This forum post is meant to learn how we can monetize an instagram account, not by shoutouts which is a common method, but by using eCommerce and Affiliate Programs.

I have been experimenting with this lately. Instagram to me, if pretty easy for fast growth (though I tend to max out around 100 followers per day). A tip that may help some of you is the best way to track traffic to your site. You may know that due to the way that Instagram sends traffic to websites, it shows in Google Analytics as Direct traffic. To track this data, I am using 301 redirects and UTM links.

This is actually quite simple.

https://ecommercestore.com/instagram > https://ecommercestore.com/?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=profile

It provides a clean link in your profile (you can make it shorter if you want), while giving meaningful data to Analytics. Now you can see if Instagram is actually generating conversions, or if it's solely brand recognition.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I have been experimenting with this lately. Instagram to me, if pretty easy for fast growth (though I tend to max out around 100 followers per day). A tip that may help some of you is the best way to track traffic to your site. You may know that due to the way that Instagram sends traffic to websites, it shows in Google Analytics as Direct traffic. To track this data, I am using 301 redirects and UTM links.

This is actually quite simple.

https://ecommercestore.com/instagram > https://ecommercestore.com/?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=profile

It provides a clean link in your profile (you can make it shorter if you want), while giving meaningful data to Analytics. Now you can see if Instagram is actually generating conversions, or if it's solely brand recognition.

One thing that I am most defiantly unsure about still is how Instagram views multiple account on more iPhone and exactly what the proxy does when using bots. I realize that you should be using proxies for more then five (5) accounts, but is that only if your are using bots or should you use proxies without bots too.

AS you can probably tell, I don't get the concept of proxies and how they are used.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
One thing that I am most defiantly unsure about still is how Instagram views multiple account on more iPhone and exactly what the proxy does when using bots. I realize that you should be using proxies for more then five (5) accounts, but is that only if your are using bots or should you use proxies without bots too.

AS you can probably tell, I don't get the concept of proxies and how they are used.
This has nothing to do with account growth, it is for the business side to know whether or not Instagram is actually making them money, or if other sources of traffic are a better place to invest.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
This mastermind group still exists?
The group exists still, but it is not used very often if at all. If you have any questions, there are multiple threads you can comment on and we'd be glad to hear you out. There are at least 3 other posts that are still active that talks about Instagram and 2 that are based on FollowLiker. PM me if you got any questions :tiphat:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.