The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Healthfreak2u

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2017
United Kingdom
hi everyone, I want to start a health instagram but don't know what niche to do. Should I be specific? I was thinking paleodiet, glutenfreediet or healthfoodsoftheworld but are these okay? Could I monetise them? Do they need to be specific? Could you suggest a few I could try? Thanks so much for your help just really stuck on this right now! Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
First, welcome to the forum. Make an introduction post so we can get to know you.

As for a health Instagram, what purpose would it serve?

Would you be creating original content aimed at helping people or recycling other content?

Who are you helping and how?

These are the important questions to ask before you just pick a niche and try and monetize it.

Fitness and health brands are so oversaturated on Instagram. And even niches like paleo and gluten free aren't really even niche anymore. How would you distinguish yourself from the hundreds of other pages? Why would someone want to learn from you?

I don't post these questions to turn you away from the idea, but you should think critically before you become part of an overcrowded market.

To start, I would explore problems that you may have had in your fitness and health journey and look at some things that you think could have been improved or may not have been available to you. Those are things that I would pursue rather than just a generic health Instagram page.

Healthfreak2u

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for your very helpful response. Would a health sub niche be needed? I was thinking detox or atozofdiets. I'm not sure how to come up with a problem I've had. Could I just search internet for very specific health sub niches? Is there a way to find profitable subniches? Or should I just do another niche on instagram all together and not health? Thanks again for your response!
First, welcome to the forum. Make an introduction post so we can get to know you.

As for a health Instagram, what purpose would it serve?

Would you be creating original content aimed at helping people or recycling other content?

Who are you helping and how?

These are the important questions to ask before you just pick a niche and try and monetize it.

Fitness and health brands are so oversaturated on Instagram. And even niches like paleo and gluten free aren't really even niche anymore. How would you distinguish yourself from the hundreds of other pages? Why would someone want to learn from you?

I don't post these questions to turn you away from the idea, but you should think critically before you become part of an overcrowded market.

To start, I would explore problems that you may have had in your fitness and health journey and look at some things that you think could have been improved or may not have been available to you. Those are things that I would pursue rather than just a generic health Instagram page.
ver

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Have you read the book this forum is based on?

As of right now, you're chasing money. You're looking for a profitable sub niche.

You're not solving anything for anyone.

Healthfreak2u

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Just to add to that message. I usually repost
Hi, thanks for your very helpful response. Would a health sub niche be needed? I was thinking detox or atozofdiets. I'm not sure how to come up with a problem I've had. Could I just search internet for very specific health sub niches? Is there a way to find profitable subniches? Or should I just do another niche on instagram all together and not health? Thanks again for your response!

ver
d
Have you read the book this forum is based on?

As of right now, you're chasing money. You're looking for a profitable sub niche.

You're not solving anything for anyone.
hi, I thought of some niches but not sure if they solve a problem. They are healthshopoholic, healingceliacwithfood, latesthealthtrends, longevityhowto, guineaworldrecordhealth, diyhealthhacks. Are there good niches? Also i don't know if these solve a problem? Thanks a lot!

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Youre glossing over the most important part of Scot reply.

Who are you helping?

Healthfreak2u

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2017
United Kingdom
One of the ones I mentioned was helping people with celiac. The others are helping people with their health. Do I have to be specific with who I'm helping?
Youre glossing over the most important part of Scot reply.

Who are you helping?
l

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Well the people you are helping are the ones who will be driving your revenue, so yes.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
hi everyone, I want to start a health instagram but don't know what niche to do. Should I be specific? I was thinking paleodiet, glutenfreediet or healthfoodsoftheworld but are these okay? Could I monetise them? Do they need to be specific? Could you suggest a few I could try? Thanks so much for your help just really stuck on this right now! Thanks!
Start here: The Books

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Definition I found with 5 seconds of googling

business : research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction (such as a corporate merger or purchase of securities)

Instead of just picking a health niche, I have a business with the potential to make $10 million in the next five years that is in an untapped niche.

Want my business plan?

I feel like you're missing the point.

So I'm going to break it down Barney style.

Ok let's just pretend you pick a niche of celiac disease. Ok, what do you do now? Post pictures on Instagram of...? Instagram is a photo sharing site.

Ok so you post celiac related photos with some hashtags.

What are you accomplishing by this?

Are you sending them to your site that has meal plans for celiac disease patients?

There are hundreds of blogs like this. Why is yours better? Why is yours different? Why should anyone care that you've made this site?

You're still missing the point here. Business isn't "pick a niche and blog about it until you make money" That ship sales 15 years ago.

No one is going to tell you how to run or build a business when you haven't taken a single step to do so yourself.

The Fastlane Forum is not a vending machine where you insert a question and get a business plan out the other end.

Seriously, read the book this forum is based on and it will make so much more sense what we're trying to pull out of you.

Last edited:

Healthfreak2u

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi, I don't get 100% what your saying? How do I do research to accomplish this? Do I need an untapped niche? How do I go about getting one? Would I need to know all the other competitors? Should I do market research and how? How do I find something different from all the rest? Can I learn this? I definitely want to read the book to understand. Thanks!
Definition I found with 5 seconds of googling

business : research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction (such as a corporate merger or purchase of securities)

Instead of just picking a health niche, I have a business with the potential to make $10 million in the next five years that is in an untapped niche.

Want my business plan?

I feel like you're missing the point.

So I'm going to break it down Barney style.

Ok let's just pretend you pick a niche of celiac disease. Ok, what do you do now? Post pictures on Instagram of...? Instagram is a photo sharing site.

Ok so you post celiac related photos with some hashtags.

What are you accomplishing by this?

Are you sending them to your site that has meal plans for celiac disease patients?

There are hundreds of blogs like this. Why is yours better? Why is yours different? Why should anyone care that you've made this site?

You're still missing the point here. Business isn't "pick a niche and blog about it until you make money" That ship sales 15 years ago.

No one is going to tell you how to run or build a business when you haven't taken a single step to do so yourself.

The Fastlane Forum is not a vending machine where you insert a question and get a business plan out the other end.

Seriously, read the book this forum is based on and it will make so much more sense what we're trying to pull out of you.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
You still have not answered my questions.

I'll ask two simple ones. If you can't answer these, I'm done. And I venture to guess the rest of the forum will be too.

Why do you think you need to find a health niche on Instagram?

If you find one, give me an example of what you would do next.

Healthfreak2u

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2017
United Kingdom
o
I would want to help people generally with their health problems. I don't know if I need to be more targeted with it thoughim. If I choose healthshopoholic i would show pictures of latest health trending products and latest trends and pros and cons of each and then put a guide to best products book or other informative about latest health trends or something in my bio to sell. Otherwise I'd choose an ailment and ways to help that by selling a book and posting pictures about best foods and things to help. I would find a more untapped niche though with that. Or I would with longevityhowto I would help people know how to live longer and sell a book explaining that. I would target a more specific audience though for this but undecided. I would be helping people who are into health and want to live longer lives. I'm not sure what your question is why do I need to find one: because I want to help people with their health and I'm passionate about it. Could you explain that question?

You still have not answered my questions.

I'll ask two simple ones. If you can't answer these, I'm done. And I venture to guess the rest of the forum will be too.

Why do you think you need to find a health niche on Instagram?

If you find one, give me an example of what you would do next.

RJWilde

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 20, 2017
Canada
The best one is the one that you actually follow and believe in? People tend to react to sincerity and genuine interest rather than something chosen arbitrarily to subscribe to. What's /YOUR/ lifestyle? Make an Instagram about that, if anything!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.