SkiLsX
New Contributor
Hi guys,
I'll be going to university this year and want to hear your opinion on the 2 degrees i want to pursue. I can study without debt etc.
1. Industrial Engineering
at the university i want to go to it is pretty much 1/3 business, finance, management etc. 1/3 computer science and programming and 1/3 engineering. After 2 years you get to pick a major in which to specialise on for each topic (data science, car engineering, software engineering etc.)
I just think having a wide area of knowlege may pay off better in pursuit of starting a businness.
2. Going for computer science and specialising in an high demand field like machine learning or software engineering.
That may teach you way more specific skills that you could translate in your business.
Im still pretty young and dont really know what i want to do long term. So with Industrial Engineering i have the option to go in a wide range of fields but picking up really specific skills will be a lot harder.
Perhaps you got an opinion or experiences you could share. I would really love to hear about it.
I'll be going to university this year and want to hear your opinion on the 2 degrees i want to pursue. I can study without debt etc.
1. Industrial Engineering
at the university i want to go to it is pretty much 1/3 business, finance, management etc. 1/3 computer science and programming and 1/3 engineering. After 2 years you get to pick a major in which to specialise on for each topic (data science, car engineering, software engineering etc.)
I just think having a wide area of knowlege may pay off better in pursuit of starting a businness.
2. Going for computer science and specialising in an high demand field like machine learning or software engineering.
That may teach you way more specific skills that you could translate in your business.
Im still pretty young and dont really know what i want to do long term. So with Industrial Engineering i have the option to go in a wide range of fields but picking up really specific skills will be a lot harder.
Perhaps you got an opinion or experiences you could share. I would really love to hear about it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
