The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

In search of recommendation

JessyHars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 23, 2021
Hello .What kind of book did you recommand for a web-design and anything that related to it ? Thank you .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hello .What kind of book did you recommand for a web-design and anything that related to it ? Thank you .
Are you talking about a general book that's related to just designing websites or a book on programming that can teach you how to build fine websites and all the front end sequences that go with it?

D

Deleted85763

You can read "Ogilvy on Advertising" by the father of advertising, David Ogilvy. His time was mostly before the internet but the principles are timeless and highly effective. Like you never, ever want to use "reverse type", that is a dark background with white text. Some websites do that but it's a major mistake. It greatly reduces readership.

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
I started with a "Wordpress for Beginner's" book, moved into listening to podcasts about Wordpress, and I've started to learn coding with an HTML and CSS for Dummies book.

I like the Dummies books for explaining complex topics in a way that's easy to read.

Wordpress is an open-source platform that allows non-developers to build functional and even beautiful, well-functioning websites. Wordpress definitely has its pros and cons, but it's where I started with web design, and where my current website still exists. My website is definitely not where I want it to be in terms of functionality and other metrics. However, the shortcoming is not in the Wordpress platform, but in the level of execution and time I've invested in it. I'm proud of my accomplishment and excited to begin execution again, and to begin using it to engage the market mind.

Here's a blog post about books to start with if you choose to go the Wordpress route.

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
I started with a "Wordpress for Beginner's" book, moved into listening to podcasts about Wordpress, and I've started to learn coding with an HTML and CSS for Dummies book.

I like the Dummies books for explaining complex topics in a way that's easy to read.

Wordpress is an open-source platform that allows non-developers to build functional and even beautiful, well-functioning websites. Wordpress definitely has its pros and cons, but it's where I started with web design, and where my current website still exists. My website is definitely not where I want it to be in terms of functionality and other metrics. However, the shortcoming is not in the Wordpress platform, but in the level of execution and time I've invested in it. I'm proud of my accomplishment and excited to begin execution again, and to begin using it to engage the market mind.

Here's a blog post about books to start with if you choose to go the Wordpress route.
I would read the reviews and pick the one that looks best for you.

Last edited:

JessyHars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 23, 2021
Are you talking about a general book that's related to just designing websites or a book on programming that can teach you how to build fine websites and all the front end sequences that go with it?
Hello .I want the second option .But I'm still a beginner .I've just finished about learning HTML5 and CSS (by myself) and I want to progress .Thank you

JessyHars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 23, 2021
You can read "Ogilvy on Advertising" by the father of advertising, David Ogilvy. His time was mostly before the internet but the principles are timeless and highly effective. Like you never, ever want to use "reverse type", that is a dark background with white text. Some websites do that but it's a major mistake. It greatly reduces readership.
Thank you very much .

JessyHars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 23, 2021

Thank you.I really appreciate your suggestion . I will try to learn it and to apply all the knowledge . And thanks again for the link that you shared.
*I'm not good at speaking English but I hope you know what I mean .

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
Thank you.I really appreciate your suggestion . I will try to learn it and to apply all the knowledge . And thanks again for the link that you shared.
*I'm not good at speaking English but I hope you know what I mean .
You're welcome. I totally understand what you're saying! Where are you from?

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
After doing a little searching yesterday I put this one on my wish list:

Learn JavaScript Quickly: A Complete Beginner’s Guide to Learning JavaScript, Even If You’re New to Programming (Crash Course With Hands-On Project): Quickly, Code: 9781951791476: Amazon.com: Books

Obviously I can't really give a recommendation because I haven't read it yet. Is there anyone out there who has read this one
Learn Javascript Quickly by Code Quickly. Anybody have an opinion on this one?

joshuajwittmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 23, 2020
Maui, Hawaii
HTML and CSS .I'm about to learn JavaScript and Php soon .But I want to perform those two languages before .
No, I mean when you are writing css and html code, are you writing it on paper or entering the data into a code-editing software. I use Atom code editor.

JessyHars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 23, 2021
No, I mean when you are writing css and html code, are you writing it on paper or entering the data into a code-editing software. I use Atom code editor.
I wrote it on the software "Sublime Text ",and I change the syntax to HTML or CSS .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.