Hi Fastlaners,
My name is Warren, I just made this account after stumbling across this community while seeking some motivation and I'd really appreciate some assistance from fellow members. I'm 19, partaking in my junior year of university majoring in Aersospace Engineering. I know some of you aren't fans of college, but I go almost free from scholarships/FAFSA due to academics and a poor dependent; so please save the quit wasting time there stuff. I understand the pro's and con's and made my choice. That said, This semester some weird changes occurred in my life: My girlfriend gave birth to our child (not planned, still a blessing nonetheless), my father committed suicide in a rather violent way, and my grieving mother lost her house. Somewhere between balancing these aforementioned things and school, I lost my way. I went into a slump with school, started skipping a lot of classes rather than make the hour and a half each way commute between day care and the campus. Engineering is already regarding as the most difficult discipline; a large majority of people (80% or so) that enter don't graduate from the major, so adding the difficult courses to a large slump completely destroyed my semester. Realizing this just perpetuates my slump further. Right now I'm just cutting my losses and following the course work even though I failed the classes guaranteed already so when I take them again in the summer I'm not starting at ground zero again. I've also noticed a huge correlation between the people I'm around and my motivation (something I'm sure all of you have also taken note of) which is I guess my main reason for wanting to get involved in the community. I made two life friends and the school I went to prior to transferring, both no holds barred world-class geniuses. Being in their presence was so motivating and humbling, and contributed greatly to my motivation for academics and life. Since I left the school, I've basically secluded myself from human interaction to give me more time for school work and other life stuff, and I'd imagine that can't be helping my slump either. Sorry for this being all over the place, I'm just typing what comes to my head for you guys to get to know a little about me before I place my request. Will you assist me, fastlaners? Whether it be advice from those of you who made it to the light at the end of a dark tunnel, or just like minded individuals who would like to keep in touch about anything. Apologies again for the desperate tone, but the path to be the one percent is already a lonely one as I'm sure you know, and I'd rather not go through it alone if I don't have to.
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Warren
My name is Warren, I just made this account after stumbling across this community while seeking some motivation and I'd really appreciate some assistance from fellow members. I'm 19, partaking in my junior year of university majoring in Aersospace Engineering. I know some of you aren't fans of college, but I go almost free from scholarships/FAFSA due to academics and a poor dependent; so please save the quit wasting time there stuff. I understand the pro's and con's and made my choice. That said, This semester some weird changes occurred in my life: My girlfriend gave birth to our child (not planned, still a blessing nonetheless), my father committed suicide in a rather violent way, and my grieving mother lost her house. Somewhere between balancing these aforementioned things and school, I lost my way. I went into a slump with school, started skipping a lot of classes rather than make the hour and a half each way commute between day care and the campus. Engineering is already regarding as the most difficult discipline; a large majority of people (80% or so) that enter don't graduate from the major, so adding the difficult courses to a large slump completely destroyed my semester. Realizing this just perpetuates my slump further. Right now I'm just cutting my losses and following the course work even though I failed the classes guaranteed already so when I take them again in the summer I'm not starting at ground zero again. I've also noticed a huge correlation between the people I'm around and my motivation (something I'm sure all of you have also taken note of) which is I guess my main reason for wanting to get involved in the community. I made two life friends and the school I went to prior to transferring, both no holds barred world-class geniuses. Being in their presence was so motivating and humbling, and contributed greatly to my motivation for academics and life. Since I left the school, I've basically secluded myself from human interaction to give me more time for school work and other life stuff, and I'd imagine that can't be helping my slump either. Sorry for this being all over the place, I'm just typing what comes to my head for you guys to get to know a little about me before I place my request. Will you assist me, fastlaners? Whether it be advice from those of you who made it to the light at the end of a dark tunnel, or just like minded individuals who would like to keep in touch about anything. Apologies again for the desperate tone, but the path to be the one percent is already a lonely one as I'm sure you know, and I'd rather not go through it alone if I don't have to.
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Warren
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
