The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

In case you doubted it...

SiuLung

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Aug 13, 2019
France
Hi everyone,

Just came home after finishing my day at work. Thought I would stop by just to say that what @MJ DeMarco preaches in TMF totally works, in case you had doubts.

Today at work, during my breaks, instead of avoiding conversations or shortening the ones I didn't have an interest for, I kept pushing. I asked questions and went further.

One of my colleagues who's renovating his home (huge trend) was talking about how construction materials are expensive. He also explained how he was able to buy professional grade paints at a low price through a friend who works as a salesman for a paint company, paints that he would have not been able to buy otherwise. BOOM: what about a platform allowing people like you and me to purchase professional grade materials at a reasonable price through volume purchasing?

Another colleague talked about how much of a chore it is to go buy pellets for his pellet stove. Bags are heavy, they take all the space in the trunk of his car and he uses at least 2 bags of pellets every week during the winter (and his house is not very big), so it eats up his time. BOOM: What about a subscription service, where you would deliver pellet bags to people every week? Where I live, this doesn't exist and sellers will install the stove in your house but won't offer services like this.

This example is just there to show you (and me, by writing it out) the power of idea extraction. Of course, these would need validation on a larger scale.

I know I'm not executing as of now, but I'm just getting familiar with the process. And it rocks.

SiuLung

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@SiuLung It's great that you're listening out for people's problems. They're everywhere.

Based on your intro, I'm assuming you're in France.

Your first Boom seems promising.

The second Boom might work in France, but might not work here in the US.

Amazon will deliver pellets as one-offs or on subscription. And if you have Prime, there would be no delivery charge.

Great job keeping your eyes and ears open for problems.

SiuLung

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Aug 13, 2019
France
@Rawseed Thank you for your feedback! You're right I live in France. Even though Amazon is big here, it's not as big as in the US, but it will be over time so eventually this second boom will become obsolete.

I'll keep on being on the lookout for this kind of hints I get from my environment. Next step is to get out of my comfort zone and search for those hints proactively.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.