The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Importing items in India from Europe

Angelova

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 12, 2022
Hello
I want to sell products in India , but I don't know which niche to choose. I'll be very glad if someone can help me or there is any experience with the market in India. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Hello
I want to sell products in India , but I don't know which niche to choose. I'll be very glad if someone can help me or there is any experience with the market in India. Thank you!
What do you have in mind Specifically? Very broad as india is massive and every region has speciality raw materials and products already. Also marketing to Indians is more.art then science. You have to cater to the populii of each region. What are wanting to export from.europe that India so badly needs? Also keep in mind that india import tariffs are insanely high GsT taxes so may not even be lucrative....

Angelova

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 12, 2022
What do you have in mind Specifically? Very broad as india is massive and every region has speciality raw materials and products already. Also marketing to Indians is more.art then science. You have to cater to the populii of each region. What are wanting to export from.europe that India so badly needs? Also keep in mind that india import tariffs are insanely high GsT taxes so may not even be lucrative....
Thanks for your answer . Europe offers the best wine, cheese , yougourt, lavender oil etc. Thtas why I want to choose the best niche and to find a partner for this. Its difficult to understand how to sell in other country with different culture. Thats why Im asking here.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Thanks for your answer . Europe offers the best wine, cheese , yougourt, lavender oil etc. Thtas why I want to choose the best niche and to find a partner for this. Its difficult to understand how to sell in other country with different culture. Thats why Im asking here.
Yea wine is not going to be feasible unless you have connex due to import duties... the rich there will pay full price no issue but getting all bottles there is another issue.

Indians usually make their own yoghurt...

Cheese may work but again you would need to do extensive due diligence on import protocol and finding the right mix. Indians do not care nor know much about brie or camembert or gouda or munster etc, the ones that do know were the cream of the crop brain drain that "made" it out of india and have experienced some culture.

You have several unquestionably reliant variables that are out of your control (unless you have a team or network of packagers and shippers in place to streamline shipments of non perishables)

Not saying its not possible just giving insight to all pieces of the equation... if you are going based on volume you need to gain market research as Indians are a tough breed to market to. Used to be anyone "white" was trustworthy and they would fall for marketing ploys but now under current administration they are leading to be more self sufficient etc... routine shifts as populous acquires more education etc etc...

What you could do is reach out to 3 and 4 star (reputable) resorts in goa, pondicherry, kerala (state) and pitch or offer them wine for ex or other delicacies and go from there...

Angelova

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 12, 2022
Yea wine is not going to be feasible unless you have connex due to import duties... the rich there will pay full price no issue but getting all bottles there is another issue.

Indians usually make their own yoghurt...

Cheese may work but again you would need to do extensive due diligence on import protocol and finding the right mix. Indians do not care nor know much about brie or camembert or gouda or munster etc, the ones that do know were the cream of the crop brain drain that "made" it out of india and have experienced some culture.

You have several unquestionably reliant variables that are out of your control (unless you have a team or network of packagers and shippers in place to streamline shipments of non perishables)

Not saying its not possible just giving insight to all pieces of the equation... if you are going based on volume you need to gain market research as Indians are a tough breed to market to. Used to be anyone "white" was trustworthy and they would fall for marketing ploys but now under current administration they are leading to be more self sufficient etc... routine shifts as populous acquires more education etc etc...

What you could do is reach out to 3 and 4 star (reputable) resorts in goa, pondicherry, kerala (state) and pitch or offer them wine for ex or other delicacies and go from there...
I see that you have a lot of knowledge for Indian market. Do you think that its better if you produce something in the country if I invest in producing items and find people with to work?

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
European machinery and tools for use in Indian manufacturing/factories. Just my spontaneous thought.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
I see that you have a lot of knowledge for Indian market. Do you think that its better if you produce something in the country if I invest in producing items and find people with to work?

Send me a pm and ill see if i can help guide you better. Include what exactly you are seeking
Thanks

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I'm not an expert on this topic, but this idea seems to be completely backwards.

As I see the world, the most profitable strategy is to manufacture in the third world and sell to the western markets, not the other way around.

India is a huge country, but most people don't have a lot of purchasing power compared to the average first world citizen. You're much better off selling your wares to the west.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.