I was going to DM some of the more experienced forum members directly but decided that the answers provided would be of good use to everybody here in the community.
My question is.. as a 24 year old involved in Real Estate. For the entirety of my life and many other investors of similar age to me (up to mid 30's). We have never experienced market conditions with high interest rates or high inflation.
I'm reading a lot from influencers, biggerpockets and from podcasts. The general theme is people saying that a housing crash similar to 08' is almost impossible due to the market conditions (low inventory and less stupid credit pumping the market). Also, in my own life a lot of friends and business colleagues share the same sentiment. The 08' crash was a traumatic event for many and I can see why everyone is looking at the indicators from that event to base their present and future decisions. I can't help but feel that it could be interest rates that bring our current bull run to at least a halt if not a minor decline.
I'm curious to hear any first hand accounts, stories or interesting points from people who have lived through those times. A lot of the current info out there, especially online around this topic is speculation and opinions from younger people like myself who haven't lived through it.
@SteveO @Antifragile @biophase @WJK
My question is.. as a 24 year old involved in Real Estate. For the entirety of my life and many other investors of similar age to me (up to mid 30's). We have never experienced market conditions with high interest rates or high inflation.
I'm reading a lot from influencers, biggerpockets and from podcasts. The general theme is people saying that a housing crash similar to 08' is almost impossible due to the market conditions (low inventory and less stupid credit pumping the market). Also, in my own life a lot of friends and business colleagues share the same sentiment. The 08' crash was a traumatic event for many and I can see why everyone is looking at the indicators from that event to base their present and future decisions. I can't help but feel that it could be interest rates that bring our current bull run to at least a halt if not a minor decline.
I'm curious to hear any first hand accounts, stories or interesting points from people who have lived through those times. A lot of the current info out there, especially online around this topic is speculation and opinions from younger people like myself who haven't lived through it.
@SteveO @Antifragile @biophase @WJK
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

