The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Immediate help needed - no one is coming to the pop up sale!

Marketing, social media, advertising

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I run a third party facilities management business, and one of my extra offers is liquidations - because my customers asked for it. Meaning, I'm very new to it.

The problem? This weekend is one of the sales - and no one is showing up! Never had this problem with the 4 previous sales. I'm starting to panic.

Advertised on FB Marketplace with over 2300 views and 45 shares, in a town of 25000. Advertised on Craigslist and NextDoor, even the local reddit sub. I contacted everyone on my contact list.

I have 25K worth of goods to sell, and day one saw only $2000 in sales. There are exactly 3 people here now. What else can I do, right now, to get more boots in the door? And I do mean boots - my customers are contractors. Many of whom are swamped, and working weekends.

If I can't sell more, what on earth do I say to the client?? Sorry, 90% of your really awesome stuff is going to Habitat for Humanity and you get the tax write-off? I did a good faith effort? Argh! My previous experience was me taking the remains to the ReStore in my pickup and doing one last dump run. This experience is the opposite of that.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Local area signs, like "Garage Sales" signs? Those pull traffic because people look for them.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Offline marketing, like banners? Also, you can probably directly call or contact a lot of your potential customers - maybe someone really needs what you are selling, but will never look online or walk near your site.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
We have signs up, and that's pulled in a bit of foot traffic, as well as the garage sale down the street. I'm asking every customer to tell their friends, and I've started hitting the phones, calling on the contractors that aren't already on my list, though I already got most of the ones in this county and the next one over.

Talked it over with a friend (also one of the biggest contractors in the area), and she thinks it's both Very Strange, and that I have, actually, done a good faith effort. Her only suggestion was that people were not wanting to spend any money because things are getting tight in general.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.