The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm scared of finishing MJ's book ...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ref Royalty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 31, 2019
When I laid eyes on the book I literally thought it was sent by God.
I read the first 150 pages in 6 hours. This book literally pulled me out of the depths of depression and anxiety.
The motivation and invigoration to be successful this book has giving me is crazy.
Coming from my background, environment and situation I thought it was impossible to make a lot of money, nobody i know is making lots of money and all everyone believes in is the slowlane.
But my gut always told me a 9 to 5 is modern day slavery.
I would rather work the next 20 years of my life trying to reach the fastlane than give in to an uncertain slowlane ending.
But yeah, every since that 1st day of finding the book I was on such a high, but experience has taught me that what goes up must come down but i don't want to come down off the fastlane motivation high so I have been slowing down my reading of the day to about one or two pages a day.
Is it wrong that I'm not finishing the book and that I'm using the book to motivate me. I hate being dependant on external things and I feel like I'm doing that here

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
You have low self-esteem and don't believe in yourself.

If your self-worth is lower than what you're trying to achieve, then you'll find ways to sabotage yourself so you don't achieve it. Right now your brain's telling you that you don't deserve the fastlane, and so you're sabotaging yourself by not even finishing the book.

Your next step should not just be "finishing the book", but finding a way to improve your self worth.

Change your friend group. Start going to meetups.

Do things that sound as stupid as buying new clothes, shaving, and working out.

You don't believe in yourself, and until you do, you won't achieve anything. The second you realize that and realize that you deserve a better life, and are capable of creating a better life, that's when things will "click" for you.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
When I laid eyes on the book I literally thought it was sent by God.
I read the first 150 pages in 6 hours. This book literally pulled me out of the depths of depression and anxiety.
The motivation and invigoration to be successful this book has giving me is crazy.
Coming from my background, environment and situation I thought it was impossible to make a lot of money, nobody i know is making lots of money and all everyone believes in is the slowlane.
I would rather work the next 20 years of my life trying to reach the fastlane than give in to an uncertain slowlane ending.
But yeah, every since that 1st day of finding the book I was on such a high, but experience has taught me that what goes up must come down but i don't want to come down off the fastlane motivation high so I have been slowing down my reading of the day to about one or two pages a day.
Is it wrong that I'm not finishing the book and that I'm using the book to motivate me. I hate being dependant on external things and I feel like I'm doing that here
It is a great book, isn't it? He should get a Nobel.

There's more triumphant highs ahead from actually living out the pages. There will be lows too, but that's life.

Time for action; finish the book.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
You are scared
IT means you are awakening!
That's a good indicator

Keep going on! The More You Realize, its way better

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
You're literraly standing infront of a goldmine (this forum) with a goldnugget (although a big one) in hands (MJ's books), afraid to go into because the gold in your hand might lose it's glimmering shine when you enter the dark / unknown.

There's so much motivational stuff in here. May i provide some links for you on where to go next:

After following some of the people make sure you enter this forum from your newsfeed side of perspective with this link:

Here are some more good reads:

That's just a small collection of threads to begin with. Welcome to the forums.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Is it wrong that I'm not finishing the book and that I'm using the book to motivate me.
You shouldn’t leave out reading last parts such as the CENTS commandments and other stuff like ‘tailwinds’ and ‘the best business plan for investors’.

But of course, you’ll find these concepts discussed here many times on real-life execution threads, Gold threads and the like.

I’d suggest thinking about what you don’t know on making money and starting a business.

For me, when I first started out, I realized I couldn’t jump into a business right away because I didn’t even have a basic marketable skill (or domain experience), or truly understand process documentation and marketing.

So I went to freelancing to pick up experience and a little capital, and so far, it’s a blast.

Of course though, some folks go into the game quicker and it’s fine for them.

As you move on with your projects, your sources of motivation will definitely change from being just the TMF book.

Depending on the project at hand for me, I have a few Fastlane folks who pop in on me, some accountability diaries, and of course, customer feedback and some actual moolah to keep me going.

TBH, I got so busy these days and I haven’t touched TMF in a while. Should be good to read it back again one of these days...

Ref Royalty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 31, 2019
You're literraly standing infront of a goldmine (this forum) with a goldnugget (although a big one) in hands (MJ's books), afraid to go into because the gold in your hand might lose it's glimmering shine when you enter the dark / unknown.

There's so much motivational stuff in here. May i provide some links for you on where to go next:

After following some of the people make sure you enter this forum from your newsfeed side of perspective with this link:

Here are some more good reads:

That's just a small collection of threads to begin with. Welcome to the forums.

Thank you so much for your positive and helpful reply. I'm truly excited from the depths of my being

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I'm assuming you're talking about TMF ? IMO, Unscripted is more of a poignant message that inspires lasting change with a well purposed meaning designed to instigate change.

Welcome to the forum, hope you finish!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Finish! Its nice to read! DeMarco is a great thinker and his conclusions are very helpful. So read the rest, because the book is built as any good one : intro, main and end. Yove read another good book without reading the last part?youl never know, which boy gets the prinzess!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.