The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm not new, but I understand what needs to be done now

miguelst

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Oct 2, 2022
Hi (again) everyone,

I subscribed to this forum a year ago after reading Unscripted .
I've been a web and web application developer for over 12 years, I'm always working on side projects, or getting new ideas and immediately executing them in code, but it's only now that it clicked, I'm building things nobody wants or needs.

The pleasure I get from programming was getting in the way of properly planning and checking if an app needs to be built, so now that stops.
I'm going to start validating all my ideas, and only pick one which I feel can become profitable in the next months.

I think the first step is market research and idea validation, if there's any threads on here that I need to check, or any course or book recommendations, do let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
book recommendations
I liked "the right it" by Alberto Savoia. It's similar to the Lean Startup that i haven't read yet.

, I'm always working on side projects, or getting new ideas and immediately executing them in code, but it's only now that it clicked, I'm building things nobody wants or needs.
Good that you realized this. Good luck!

miguelst

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Oct 2, 2022
I liked "the right it" by Alberto Savoia. It's similar to the Lean Startup that i haven't read yet.
Nice! Added it to my ever-growing reading list, I'm reading The Lean Startup now, next up are
  • The entrepreneurs guide to customer development
  • The mom test
  • Value proposition design
  • Testing business ideas

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads