The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm having a serious problem

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
There's a common theme amongst the teenage millionaires you read about... none of them sat around reading about other teenage millionaires. They were too busy DOING SHIT to sit around reading about other people's success.

Okay, vigilante.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
There's a common theme amongst the teenage millionaires you read about... none of them sat around reading about other teenage millionaires. They were too busy DOING SHIT to sit around reading about other people's success.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Vigilante again"

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
What Vig said.

One thing to keep in mind as well. You spend all your time reading these amazing success stories (which is fine for motivation sometimes), but you miss out on the process....and in particular, the process of ALL the other teens and 20 something's who tried being the next Zuckerburg or Page/Brin etc and DIDN'T make it.

It's all about process - building a process and refining it, learning from mistakes and adjusting. And that only happens when you jump in and START DOING something.

Good luck - I expect an update to this thread once you've started something

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
What Vig said.

One thing to keep in mind as well. You spend all your time reading these amazing success stories (which is fine for motivation sometimes), but you miss out on the process....and in particular, the process of ALL the other teens and 20 something's who tried being the next Zuckerburg or Page/Brin etc and DIDN'T make it.

It's all about process - building a process and refining it, learning from mistakes and adjusting. And that only happens when you jump in and START DOING something.

Good luck - I expect an update to this thread once you've started something

I will post an update to this thread as soon as my new venture begins

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Spending too much time on the college dropout billionaires is counterproductive. Media really distorts things when reporting all that crap. They are lightning strikes like winning the lottery. Focus on what you can do TODAY. If you maximize each day making it productive for even 6 hrs, you'll accomplish more than most everyone.

Nothing wrong with dreaming big, but when the alarm clock rings, get the efffff going! ;)

D

DeletedUser2

pick something and do it.

a million ways to make money.

and you dont have to be in a hurry. and what is your "bigtime" how much is that?
10K a month? passive?
10K a week?
10K a day passive?

you can do all that AFTER a process, of building something.

1. real estate, can do it.
2. online can do it.
3. low tech phone calls to the right people can do it.
4. high tech can do it.
5. buying up competing lawn care biz can do it. (if done right)
6. dry cleaning companies can do it.
7. ice making companies can do it.

for crying out loud. DONT learn to code program or anything like that. if you dont like it now, you WILL HATE IT later.

good luck

Z

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
low tech phone calls to the right people can do it.

Reminds me of a friend of mine when I was about 21. I had a lawn maintenance biz at the time, all he had was ideas, but he had a lot of creativity at the same time. His girlfriends dad owned a lot of unimproved land, some of it located in high growth areas. He asked the old man if he could get financing would he sell him a hundred acres of it. Believing the kid could never do it, he said "why sure".

The kid went to a bank and talked to a friendly banker about securing a loan for 6 million. Of course the banker said the only way he could make it happen is if he could prove the loan was secured. The kid made a plan to contact large supermarket chains about having a store in his planned 'shopping center.' Persistance pays off. Dozens of phone calls later and explaining his vision he has interest from a large grocery chain (Albertsons) to be the anchor store in his shopping mall. Once he had the anchor store secured, it became easier for him to sell other retail stores on his vision.
Long story short, he was able to to show the bank the stores intent, borrow the money, buy the property, and had the shopping center built. All from the vision he created.

Oh ya, he ended up breaking up with the girlfriend.

But I got lucky and started mowing his lawns!:confused:

Learned a huge lesson there. Initially he didn't have a dime to his name, but his creative drive plus his ballsy persistence allowed him to control a large shopping center before he turned 25!

Keep it simple. There are so many opportunities, sometimes all it takes is just thinking out of the box.
We sometimes have too much information coming at us from the outside, that we don't really take time to assess what we can create with our own imagination/ideas.

Forget those young gun zillionaires for awhile. Focus on a simple idea like the guy would created the weedeater out of a tin can and fishing string...

Hope this helps
Randall

Scuzzlebutt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 20, 2012
Everyone loves money, but I think you need to calm down and stick to one venture for now, and build up your foundation. it sounds like your starting to go crazy in the noggin trying to find ways to make millions by tommorow.

Stick to one thing for now and have a definite goal and how your going to reach it.. write it down.

just my opinion.. you're still young and probably ahead of everyone you went to highschool with so good for you

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Damn you guys just provided me with so much motivation. I'm very grateful for having started this thread because I've successfully solved my problem with all of your insight. No more story time for me. If I want to be successful I'm going to have to set clear goals and then go out and grab life by the balls lol. I'd like to update this thread when I do begin my next venture in order to prove that I took action and did something. Have a good one guys!

Ps: Scuzzlebutt, if that's you in your picture then thank you very much for your service!

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Lots of great advice in here. I'm finding this myself, staying on track with a single project when seeing other potential opportunities pass by can feel 'limiting' when in reality its the re-starting and lack of follow-through that is most limiting.

Great Mark Cuban quote on the subject:

"1. When you work hard at something you become good at it.

2. When you become good at doing something, you will enjoy it more.

3. When you enjoy doing something, there is a very good chance you will become passionate or more passionate about it

4. When you are good at something, passionate and work even harder to excel and be the best at it, good things happen.

Don’t follow your passions, follow your effort. It will lead you to your passions and to success, however you define it."

Best of luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.