The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm an internet entrepreneur looking to create an STI/STD private question and answer site. Looking

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 17, 2019
Hello!

Just going to keep things simple. I build internet companies (real ones with hundreds of customers) and I'm thinking about creating a site where people can privately get quick answers from doctors about their STI questions.

I am just toying with the idea right now. I recently had an STI scare and it drove me mad. I had to wait days to see my doctor in person. Extremely thankful that I was fine.

What do you think about a website where you can pay, say $50, to get your STI related question answered quickly/privately? I would have easily used this service for myself.

Again, this is very new and simply in the idea phase. Just want to see what people think :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
Website wise it sounds entirely viable, possibly as simple as a private chat with a medical professional to get answers to medical questions and voila.

What about certain other scenarios, such as when the doctor needs to physically examine a patient? In those circumstances wouldn't the website prove pointless, in a sense, as the medical professional would simply tell the 'patient' to go to their local doctor?

Don't intend to discredit your idea, just wondering if the website would be able to offer any value to somebody in that scenario as there's only so much a website can do.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 17, 2019
Website wise it sounds entirely viable, possibly as simple as a private chat with a medical professional to get answers to medical questions and voila.

What about certain other scenarios, such as when the doctor needs to physically examine a patient? In those circumstances wouldn't the website prove pointless, in a sense, as the medical professional would simply tell the 'patient' to go to their local doctor?

Don't intend to discredit your idea, just wondering if the website would be able to offer any value to somebody in that scenario as there's only so much a website can do.

The website will make it clear that there can be no physical inspection. This site is for mainly people who want to put their worries to rest by asking questions.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Websites like this already exist as do apps for live video conferences with doctors who can even prescribe medication. The idea has already been validated. If you can bring doctors and patients together then I think something like this could work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
The website will make it clear that there can be no physical inspection. This site is for mainly people who want to put their worries to rest by asking questions.

It's viable, but it has been done plenty of times. The idea, as mentioned above, has already been validated.

Personally, if I was going to go ahead with an idea such as this one, I'd probably not niche it. Instead of STD/STI, go for anything medical related. Just to open your doors to more visitors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.