The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you had $200 for Marketing...

Marketing, social media, advertising

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
So I've been using Google Adwords for traffic to my ecommerce site, and its been successful, but I'm hungry for more. Just curious for the experienced people with online marketing/ecommerce, if you had $200 to invest in marketing/advertising for your website where would you invest it? For example you could pay for promotions on Facebook, or features on instagram, even use fiverr.

I plan on investing more into my advertising for my site, but I want to make sure I'm using the best method.
Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
I run Boraskins.com. Selling protective skins for devices, so my target customer is pretty broad. Anyone with a phone.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I run Boraskins.com. Selling protective skins for devices, so my target customer is pretty broad. Anyone with a phone.
You should get more targeted. Sure anyone with a smartphone could be a customer, but a 21 year old is more likely to buy from you than a 60 year old.

I would try targeted facebook ads towards different age groups, genders, interests, etc to find out who converts the most. Then target ads at them.

Just my 2 cents.

350z

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Aug 8, 2015
NYC
Instagram, Instagram, and Instagram.

Yes, everyone has a smartphone, but does every smartphone have the same person?

People are unique, and your skins should represent something of their lifestyle. Put some emotion in your product.

Here are two Instagram accounts that are in your niche. When you look at their pages, what do you feel?

https://www.instagram.com/carbontrimcases/
https://www.instagram.com/peelhq/

I'll give you a hint, one has a sense of luxury and the other has a sense of adventure.

So what do they have in common? Instead of looking as a phone case as a phone case (which is boring as F*ck) they are able to represent their product in a way to make you feel a certain way toward their product, rather than looking at it for what it is (a boring a$$ phone case).

Good luck and please don't buy followers with your budget, lol.

D

Deleted20833

I'd use Facebook ads

I'm tracking leads by the way

facebook_ads.png

Last edited by a moderator:

drifter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 10, 2016
Canada
Yes, spend some money on facebook marketing and track your pixel - let it run for 5 days so you'll get a real feel of which demographic is most attracted to your product(s).

Through FB marketing, I know that 80% of my traffic comes from women aged 22-45 - so that is the main demographic which target through my ads.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Instagram, Instagram, and Instagram.

Yes, everyone has a smartphone, but does every smartphone have the same person?

People are unique, and your skins should represent something of their lifestyle. Put some emotion in your product.

Here are two Instagram accounts that are in your niche. When you look at their pages, what do you feel?

https://www.instagram.com/carbontrimcases/
https://www.instagram.com/peelhq/

I'll give you a hint, one has a sense of luxury and the other has a sense of adventure.

So what do they have in common? Instead of looking as a phone case as a phone case (which is boring as F*ck) they are able to represent their product in a way to make you feel a certain way toward their product, rather than looking at it for what it is (a boring a$$ phone case).

Good luck and please don't buy followers with your budget, lol.
Agreed.

I'd be able to purchase 4 posts from a large account for $200. Each posts gets me 350-450 followers and a bunch of sales. A good amount of the followers become customers later. I haven't been able to get ads anywhere close to the return I get from a instagram paid post.

I'd like to change that but for now it works....until it doesn't

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
So, long story short, run constant ads on Fb, features on insta, and take better pictures. Thank a shit ton guys. I truly truly appreciate you all taking your time out to help me!

Heres is my insta for Bora Skins, What do you think?
https://www.instagram.com/boraskins/

I think I'm going to wrap a few phones and at the next exotic car me take a shit ton of pics with my skins in the photos. IM going to try to reimage my website into a more luxury style of branding.

G

GuestUser141

$200 you say

Take ten bucks and buy your self 5 private proxies,then purchase 5 disposable visa cards.then open 5 google accounts,different countries or home.
Then pick up 5 free websites,

open 5 google adwords account with the above information,wait for human verification.

Now you have 5 times $100 in the form of free google adwords credit for 10 bucks = $500

Now do this 20 times you have 2 k adverting budget.

Thank You

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.