The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

If You Don't Have All Day, You Have All Night.

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
I think this is important for most entrepreneurs: If you can't perform your work during the day time, that doesn't make you lazy. You still have sunset to sunrise to perform same work.
This is looking at the problem wrong. The limit is not time. The limit is energy. Everyone has the same amount of time. But only if you have enough energy left at the end of the day can you actually use your time productively.

Just focusing on time misses the point and can cause a lot of frustration because you think you’re not doing it right.

CruxisKnight

Contributor
Jan 7, 2021
I think OP has a valid point. Different people are more productive at different times of the day than others. If you can achieve peak productivity in the afternoon like around 3-4pm then focus your work around that instead of fighting your natural instincts and working double time at 9am and getting half the results because you are so groggy.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
This is looking at the problem wrong. The limit is not time. The limit is energy. Everyone has the same amount of time. But only if you have enough energy left at the end of the day can you actually use your time productively.

Just focusing on time misses the point and can cause a lot of frustration because you think you’re not doing it right.

Who says night has to come at the end of day when energy is low? My day comes at the end of night when my energy is highest.

alexkuzmov

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I think this is important for most entrepreneurs: If you can't perform your work during the day time, that doesn't make you lazy. You still have sunset to sunrise to perform same work.
This is true, and Ive done this many times.
Especially when chasing deadlines while juggling my own stuff.

There is such a thing as overworking though, burn out.
We should be mindful of that when we work at night.
Also, anything after 10-12 hours is too much and will have the opposite effect in my experience.
Rest during the day is also very important.
4 hours work, then rest, then 4 more, then rest, then 2-4 more and then rest.
If you work too much youll kill your productivity and youll progress slower in time then if you would if you rest between work hours.

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
To put this into perspective, some folks may have their willpower during day time and they will get things done perfectly while others may have their willpower at night and still achieve same results.

Now imagine forcing me to work during day time and I don't have the willpower to do the specific work, what results will I give you? Poor results of course. But imagine you give me same work at evening/night time, the results will be excellent.

The point isn't to focus on time. But to focus on your willpower. It could come during day or night time and so, just because others are working all day non-stop and you are doing nothing doesn't make you lazy. You can still work all night nonstop as well - based on when you have the will.

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
Good luck keeping sane and healthy with a completely f*cked circadian rhythm and a zebra-in-a-lions-den cortisol level.
When you really need to get something done and you can't in the day, I think you'll figure out a way to do the work at night time even if your "circadian rhythm and zebra-in-a-lions-den cortisol level" are completely f*cked.

If you don't figure out a way to do the work at night even though your energy levels are high, you will figure out a perfect excuse why you didn't do it in the morning.

Simon Angel

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2016
When you really need to get something done and you can't in the day, I think you'll figure out a way to do the work at night time even if your "circadian rhythm and zebra-in-a-lions-den cortisol level" are completely f*cked.

If you don't figure out a way to do the work at night even though your energy levels are high, you will figure out a perfect excuse why you didn't do it in the morning.

Thanks for the wisdom I guess.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
There is a book called The Power of When by Michael Breus that I liked a lot because it talks about this kind of thing. How peoples are more productive at night and how are more productive in the morning.

I always though that there are two types: owl and lark, by the author has 4 types, or chronotypes. You need to try what is the best schedule for you, if you like to work at night, go for it.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
What time will course be in Hong Kong? It will be very late, at 1:00 AM HK time as the starting...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom