The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If Elon Musk inspires you, here's an infographic that tells you his hero's journey

Anything related to matters of the mind

Fenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 16, 2014
how-elon-musk-started-infographic.png

You'll find some of the lessons we can learn from Elon's life clicking the link below :)

http://fundersandfounders.com/how-elon-musk-started/

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with funders and founders, and I've just shared this information for helping who among us might benefit from knowing more about one the greatest man alive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
I dont know much about the man but there are so many things on that list which could be used as excuses by sidewalkers.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Elon is a machine.

Truly amazing what he has accomplished already. It made me realize that I am thinking WAY to small.

Fenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 16, 2014
I don't know much about the man but there are so many things on that list which could be used as excuses by sidewalkers.

Like what? ^_^

If you shared with us some of those things, mrarcher, we could avoid to fall in sidewalkers traps easier. & you'd help people like me that could be too positively biased in favor of Elon's life because, you know... when you see someone as a hero, it can be tricky to judge him objectively.

If you have time, can you share those things?

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Like what? ^_^

If you shared with us some of those things, mrarcher, we could avoid to fall in sidewalkers traps easier. & you'd help people like me that could be too positively biased in favor of Elon's life because, you know... when you see someone as a hero, it can be tricky to judge him objectively.

If you have time, can you share those things?

Every failure or hitting rock bottom on that list could be used as excuse..

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
so.... what separates him from the rest of us mere mortals?

I'd wager it's not mindset, as this forum has some of the most dogged determined people alive, at least if what I saw at the summit is to be believed.

What allows him to accomplish so much more?

Thoughts?

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany

I'd wager it's not mindset, as this forum has some of the most dogged determined people alive, at least if what I saw at the summit is to be believed.

Thoughts?

He accomplished much more SO FAR. Doesn't mean that people on here can't accomplish similar things.

Another reason may be that a lot probably would have retired after the first big sale of a company (2Zip or PayPal), but he kept going.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Thoughts?
His persistence. And he reads a lot. He has an absolute knowledge of many things, similar to Bill Gates and other muli-billionaires. He surrounds himself with experts. He makes sure everything is perfect.

He also has a lot of connections in many different industries.

Fenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 16, 2014

Thoughts?

• One factor is Luck, for sure, but we can do something to increase our luck :)
    • "It might seem disheartening, the fact that successful people probably owe more to luck than anything else, but only if you see luck as some sort of magic. Take off those superstitious goggles for a moment, and consider this: the latest psychological research indicates that luck is a long mislabeled phenomenon. It isn’t a force, or grace from the gods, or an enchantment from fairy folk, but the measurable output of a group of predictable behaviors. Randomness, chance, and the noisy chaos of reality may be mostly impossible to predict or tame, but luck is something else. According to psychologist Richard Wiseman, luck – bad or good – is just what you call the results of a human being consciously interacting with chance, and some people are better at interacting with chance than others."

A piece of the following article http://youarenotsosmart.com/2013/05/23/survivorship-bias/

• Another factor could be his ability to work 100h per week for long periods (at least months) of his life.

Since we can't have it all, if we decide to work 100h per week, we could pay this sacrifice with bad health & very few "normal" relationships: for example, how can you have a happy marriage like most people dream if you work 100h per week?

Let's keep in mind that Elon married & divorced several times, and IMHO, he can't be a wonderful father (he sends work-related emails when he's with his kids, for example)

So, who among us doesn't care too much about paying with bad health, because maybe s/he thinks that s/he can earn money fast enough to have access to the best health care in the world to recover quickly; and who thinks that being a good romantic partner & a good parent are less important than his/her ambitions, s/he can test if s/he can endure Elon's supposed lifestyle.

You'll read it clicking below :)

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Elon-Musk-work-for-100-hours-a-week-for-more-than-15-years

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.