The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ideas for web content

Idea threads

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
How do you go about developing web content and writing articles? How do you use articles and material found online?
What percentage of web development time do you use for this?

Thx, :smx6:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm not sure I understand your question - - - but - - -

I keep an "idea" notebook and an "idea" box on my desk. When I run out of things to say, I draw a card out of the idea box.

I find that ideas come to me at the most inconvenient times. (driving, etc) so I keep a notebook handy and jot down just enough to remember later.

As far as % time, I try to hire out the web development side. On my current web project, I write the content and someone else handles the web development.

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
Thanks folks...

Basically I am trying to write web content for my site. For instance, let's say this is a medical site, I am trying to develop content so that when people visit, people will find value in the site and stick around. Although providing info is not the purpose of the business. but I want people to stick around, read, and be able to use the info to their benefit. Adding value through articles and such.

So let's say for a medical site, I'd like to post info about certain diseases, how to find a doctor? etc...In addition to how to use the website or service.

In this case, how should I develop these articles? If I go online to webMD for instance or any medical sites, I can find all this info, Can I copy and rephrase, or should I rewrite everything...I don't want to waiste too much time on this.

So I was asking you, when you develop your websites, how do you develop articles to be published on the website.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
don't copy, don't fake it.

Either you know something and can add value to the topic, or hire someone who can add value.

Even better is to take the time, or pay someone, to create extraordinary content. It will pay dividends in the form of generating more traffic and incoming links to your site.

In almost anything, premium may cost twice as much, but usually provides much more than double the value in quality and results.

There is a lot of leverage in being exceptional!

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I usually only develop sites that I'm knowledgeable in so I'm usually writing or speaking content from memory.

Def. don't copy or use article spinners, they suck. And I guess it would really depend on what you're trying to accomplish, but be advised about the credibility or nature of your source, like your WebMD for example.

Research and learn yourself, then rewrite in your own words and your own explanation. Or outsource articles from various places like elance.

It's much easier to develop something centered around something you're passionate about. Reason being, it's much easier to learn, and if you don't know something, you'll probably learn it anyway.

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
Thank you all.

What about posting papers published by government agencies? What's the rule regarding that?

:thankyousign:

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Thank you all.

What about posting papers published by government agencies? What's the rule regarding that?

:thankyousign:

Errr, I would assume proper citations. Government? Like political papers? Yuck!

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
I find the easiest way to find content
(via the do-it-yourself route
and not outsourcing)
is to simply ask experts to interview them.

Look on the ezinearticles.com
for experts
looking for press
(why they write articles for there).
Ask to interview them.
Send them 3-4 questions
and have them write your content.

Done.
Unique content in a consistant voice
(as it is framed by your questions).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.