• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Fastlane Idea validation

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by iceyblitz, Feb 16, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. iceyblitz

iceyblitz New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Hey guys,

Ive got this idea but before i spent more time on it, i want to validate wether its worth pursuing this idea.

Do you guys got any idea on how to validate an idea ?

2. happybhoy

happybhoy Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $0
    Website+paid traffic

3. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow Forging My Own Reality Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,053
    Could you elaborate on the idea? We can't give you a good enough direction without knowing if its ecommerce, amazon, brick and mortar, sass, etc. A website + Paid traffic is a good way to do it, but also kind of shit because you really have to target the right crowd, and if you don't know who your target is, it'll be "invalidated".

GatsbyMag and happybhoy like this.
  4. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $3,767
    Pursue it. If you execute well and it doesn't work,... it was a bad idea.

5. Analyticz

Analyticz Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $201
    Why not do due diligence on the idea?

Why not speak to the market, maybe send a few cold emails or if you have some time pick up the phone and speak to them. Find out what they are looking for and if your idea solves their pain?

Why not try sell it to somebody before you build it?
    THere are a few ways that people can do due diligence on a market. You could also read reviews on existing products catered to the market that you are intending to serve.

Hope you have gained a little insight into ways forward.

6. iceyblitz

Rep Bank:
    $92
    This is how it is:
    There are always people who dont know what to do in business/fitness maybe artistry. I want to to solve this problem by making a platform where people can exchange information. So we have a question asker and a real pro in the field who answers it. Kinda like quorra but i want to take it to different levels.

7. Meph1st0pheles

Meph1st0pheles New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Quora, Reddit, ad infinitum, have a pretty solid hold on the question/answer market. If I were you, I'd ask myself how I would specifically be differentiating myself from these other options, and then ask whether that differentiation is a need versus something else that's just out there. You could do a lot of your validation research by going on those forums and just asking what frustrates people about them and seeing if those frustrations intersect at all with what you're trying to do.

iceyblitz likes this.
  8. iceyblitz

Rep Bank:
    $92
    wow thank you man:) this was very valueable information for me <3

9. iceyblitz

Rep Bank:
    $92
    do you have any suggestions on which forums i should look?

10. Kak

Kak Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $25,595
    A Swiss army knife may have all kinds of features... But it's still just a shitty knife.

Kingmaker likes this.
  11. Meph1st0pheles

Meph1st0pheles New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Can you explain your idea in more detail? What you've described so far is too general to specify a specific forum. For fitness, you could go on the bodybuilding.com forums, but like I said, you need to figure out what you're looking to validate beforehand. Come up with a value proposition to test (for example: I think bodybuilding.com is lacking good information on supplements) and then go about either validating that claim from users on the forum or being disproven by their activity. Either way you will get the feedback you need to either proceed, pivot, or abandon it at no monetary expense.