The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea Validation Software - My New Idea

Idea threads

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
In the process of validating tonnes of ideas, my business partner and I have gotten pretty efficient at it.

One of the biggest problems we faced, especially in the "Information products" sector, was that the following would happen:
  • Setup a Validation Landing Page to see if people will buy the product
  • Put up some sales copy .etc
  • Run traffic to the sales page, track how many conversions we get clicking the "Buy Now" button

The issue we had with this was:
  • Once we made the product, conversions were not as expected
  • The issue was people dropping off after clicking 'buy now', but before entering their credit card details.
I've coded up a solid solution, which works by mimicking a billing page, and throwing an elegant message as soon as they begin typing in their credit card. It will then explain that the product is currently unavailable, but they can enter their email to be informed once it's available.

This was a massive pain point for us, but is it for anybody else? I'd envision my solution being much more comprehensive than this, including full tracking, a hosted solution, nice graphs, and heaps of data gathered.

Would this kind of software be of interest to anyone? Any suggestions as to features?

I envision it being a lot like LaunchRock, but with more comprehensive true validation, meaning they were actually going to pay, and got their card out of their wallet - this is the only way to guarantee from a validation that the buyers actually want it, and that you will be profitable.

Possible features:
  • Credit Card entry validation (as per above - won't let them type more than one digit, we don't want them to think we're stealing their details)
  • Editing of message the user is given .etc
  • Capture of user data, IP, Country, general analytics
  • Profitability Calculators
  • Lead Capture
  • Field Editing .etc
  • Landing Page Templates with full editability
But tell me, what is on your wishlist? I'll ofcourse be using this technology to validate the need for the system itself (how ironic!). If it stacks up, I'm sure I could allow INSIDERS to Beta Test and go nuts using the software to run their own experiments.

So what are your pain points? Does this seem useful to you?

Look forward to hearing some responses!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
sounds like an awesome idea. i have plenty of ideas i would love to test. im assuming these pages would be self hosted? - that's a feature i would like. Also the ability to do this on mobile phones and tablets as well.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
Awesome point about Mobile and Tablet, would definitely have to be a responsive design.

It would probably have to be hosted on our server, as it'll be cloud-based. May be able to iFrame it in nicely or something so it runs on your domain, I can sense issues already though; or may allow you to point your test domain at our server (like BigCommerce does), definitely needs some exploring for the best hosting option. Optimally your domain for the test will show in the browser though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling
pointing a domain or subdomain at it work fine, but I think Iframes would have too many issues.

May be able to iFrame it in nicely or something so it runs on your domain, I can sense issues already though; or may allow you to point your test domain at our server (like BigCommerce does)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.