The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea No.1

Idea threads

Jean009

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 2, 2024
This is my first idea and would like to express it. I have noticed even when my friends use Spotify they still manage to complain about it, yet it still reigns a death grip on over 100 million of users. I want to create a similar Freemium use like Spotify but make it more polished and a better service overall. On other value skewer I think it would be a neat idea to be able to let users choose what songs to lock into their playlist and let not as liked songs be switched out occasionally unlike the complete change of music like Spotify (from what I have heard). Of course I would have to start learning coding and programming and even convince other artists to even use my platform in the first place. But I genuinely believe if I can create a big enough value skewer and brand it nicely people would prefer my service over Spotify. Only problem is who would be interested anyways when there are so many other users on different platforms. Conformity is also another thought to think about (at least in my opinion). So now I need what other people think and criticism, maybe it is an overshot for a first idea? Let me know what you all think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have you ever successfully ran a business before? Because competing with a multi-billion dollar business that requires million dollar licenses is a prescription for fast failure, followed by "oh that Fastlane shit don't work".

If you have extensive entrepreneurial experience and I'm mistaken, then I apologize.

Jean009

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 2, 2024
Have you ever successfully ran a business before? Because competing with a multi-billion dollar business that requires million dollar licenses is a prescription for fast failure, followed by "oh that Fastlane shit don't work".

If you have extensive entrepreneurial experience and I'm mistaken, then I apologize.
I appreciate the feedback! It was just an idea I wanted to get out so even your response itself is useful, I'll try and get some more simple ideas out instead of competing for such a large shark.

arbzek

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 21, 2022
Platform based business is really difficult to differentiate, because first mover effect and network effect is key here. I recommend starting with a simple e-commerce product or a B2B SAAS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.