The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea Creation/ Any Fast Laners from Barbados? I’m from the USA

Custmrserv4life

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 6, 2022
I have a business idea that really feels like a lightening opportunity in helping people/business owners. My day job in customer service abs I just had an idea yesterday. I don’t know the culture is my current down fall but I want to learn. Anyone available to help? Much thanks and appreciation!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I lived in Barbados for 5 months in 2020. Not sure if I'm qualified enough to help lol.

Edit:
Changed last year to 2020.

Last edited:

Custmrserv4life

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 6, 2022
I lived in Barbados for 5 months last year. Not sure if I'm qualified enough to help lol.
Oh yeah, 5 months is plenty of time compared to my zero! I appreciate any input that you could give me! I noticed while looking at different restaurants that there were a lot of negative reviews, does Barbados get a lot of tourists throughout the year or is it certain times of year? I working on a solution to help said businesses with problems around customer dissatisfaction but I wasn’t sure if they’d be open to an outsiders opinion? I’m not talking wanting to start up a company I’m just wanting talk to the market to see if there is a need for resolution of issues that arise in food service? Much thanks!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Shitty customer service is a cultural thing in Barbados. I don't think you'll be able to change it. The problem is that Barbados suffers from brain drain. Many ambitious and smart people leave the island for better opportunities elsewhere. This leaves less competent people working in better positions locally and the least competent people to work in entry-level customer service jobs (often not as a temporary job but permanently). Since they really hate their jobs but see no better future, they don't care.

This article explains this problem very well:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Custmrserv4life

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 6, 2022
Shitty customer service is a cultural thing in Barbados. I don't think you'll be able to change it. The problem is that Barbados suffers from brain drain. Many ambitious and smart people leave the island for better opportunities elsewhere. This leaves less competent people working in better positions locally and the least competent people to work in entry-level customer service jobs (often not as a temporary job but permanently). Since they really hate their jobs but see no better future, they don't care.

This article explains this problem very well:
Wow! Thank you very much for your help and guidance! The advice you gave me is gold! Much appreciated!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.