The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I will never start a business (from scratch) again

TheJVConnector

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Aug 18, 2020
Olney, MD
I’m 24 and have been an entrepreneur most of my life. I’ve started businesses selling everything from digital marketing to fishing lures to books and groceries on Amazon.

After being in the digital marketing agency space for several years and brokering deals on the side the last year or so I am now going all in and full time.

Essentially what I do is broker strategic alliances for businesses. They are also known as host beneficiary relationships. It’s also known as Integration Marketing.

It’s essentially a mix of venture capital and private equity without any capital

I figure what assets a company has (brand, customer list, etc.), what other companies can benefit (basically I try to determine what someone buys before and after they buy from the company I’m brokering for), and how I can take control of those assets and broker deals for that company to generate new sales, customers, and profits.

I charge nothing upfront and only get paid a percentage of the sales that come from the deals I broker. I get paid monthly for as long as the deals I broker last.
What is also amazing is how eager the biggest companies in the country are to participate in joint ventures/strategic alliances.

Right now I’m brokering deals for a $650
Million VC backed startup and will be soon brokering deals for the country’s largest junk removal brand/company that does a billion dollars a year.

For example, a recent deal I brokered was earlier this year with one of the country’s largest flower companies. I went to them with the idea of printing gift certificates that restaurants could gift to guests at the end of the meal the week before and week of Valentine’s Day.

Restaurants have high traffic but thin margins. On this deal the restaurants would receive a percentage of the transaction where the gift certificate was used/redeemed.

I sent a letter in the mail with the idea to the CEO of the flower company two weeks before Christmas and the day after New Years I received an email from the flower company saying they were in not for Valentine’s Day but for Mother’s Day. They would print the gift certificates and pay me a percentage and the restaurant a percentage.

I then used direct mail and different methods of creative outreach to get the restaurants on board. I sent a 6 foot plush alligator to the president of Outback Steakhouse and had chocolate covered strawberries (made by the flower company) delivered to the head of marketing at Darden.

Within 6 weeks I had all the major sit down restaurant chains on board. These were multi billion dollar companies. They loved the concept.

Unfortunately this deal never went through because of the pandemic but is a great representation of what I do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
This is so interesting.

Most of what I’ve learned about JVs comes from Jay Abraham.

Right now I’m even setting up a mastermind with high-level entrepreneurs from diverse industries to help them form strategic alliances.

What I love most about JVs is because it’s pay for results. No bullshit, very ethical and you can provide enormous value.

Where did you learn about JVs? How long have you been doing this? Any other stories you got?

G

Guest1413tpa

JVs are so common in the aviation space, yet I know so little about them in other spaces like this.

This Is fascinating @TheJVConnector , would love to chat and learn more.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I look at posts like this the same way I do 18 year olds on Instagram that look like they've been doing steroids for 5 years. Is it possible that they have supreme genetics, and have been eating and lifting like the top .1% of all people in the gym for the past 10 years? Sure. Statistically, someone has to be in the top .1%. However, the likelihood is that if they walk like a duck, quack like a duck and smell like a duck, they're a duck that's been using steroids for a good long time.

John Rockefeller was impressively successful in his early 20s. It possible that you are too. Statistically, someone has to be.

However ... your post fits a pattern. Someone that just joined posts about how successful they are is usually selling something, that that something tends to be not so good for the buyers.

I hope I'm wrong, but buyer beware here...

TheJVConnector

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Aug 18, 2020
Olney, MD
I look at posts like this the same way I do 18 year olds on Instagram that look like they've been doing steroids for 5 years. Is it possible that they have supreme genetics, and have been eating and lifting like the top .1% of all people in the gym for the past 10 years? Sure. Statistically, someone has to be in the top .1%. However, the likelihood is that if they walk like a duck, quack like a duck and smell like a duck, they're a duck that's been using steroids for a good long time.

John Rockefeller was impressively successful in his early 20s. It possible that you are too. Statistically, someone has to be.

However ... your post fits a pattern. Someone that just joined posts about how successful they are is usually selling something, that that something tends to be not so good for the buyers.

I hope I'm wrong, but buyer beware here...

I’m actually a longtime member of this forum. My last username was my real name and since I want to talk about some of the deals I’m working on I didn’t want that out there so that’s why I created a new account.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I’m actually a longtime member of this forum. My last username was my real name and since I want to talk about some of the deals I’m working on I didn’t want that out there so that’s why I created a new account.
You'll need to talk to MJ about this. You're not allowed to have two accounts.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Maybe talk about it in an INSIDERS' post? Or, change the details so people can't trace it to you? Honestly, even with a non-traceable account, that's probably a better way to go anyway. The last thing you want is a bunch of copycats trying to do the same thing in the industries you're going after.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.