The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I went for a drive today

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
That patent was from 1985.... and made someone millions over and over again and it took this long for someone to find another solution to cut into his profit..? That just shows you most of us are way overlooking the simple ways to make money, overlooking thinks that clearly have a validated need, and thinking too hard trying to re-invent the wheel.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
This is the mindset change

It's when your mind changes from that of a typical Consumer to the mind of a Producer.

You find that every time time you walk through Walmart, your mind has an explosion of Producer ideas.

It's Great!

HardParked13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 15, 2013
VA
If you had that epiphany while driving you should smoke a j and take a walk through Wal-Mart... There's an ice scraper for your windshield that someone attached a glove to it, that dude made millions :woot:

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
If you had that epiphany while driving you should smoke a j and take a walk through Wal-Mart... There's an ice scraper for your windshield that someone attached a glove to it, that dude made millions :woot:
No interest in any types of drugs. Is this, like, a joke?

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
No it's no joke that guy made millions. It's completely your call to take advice from strangers on the internet...and yes that's just me and my humor so my apologies if it came off too edgy
Well, let's make it more of a learning exercise. I'm sure there are more than a few recreational users of the marijuana here. Is there a correlation between "smoking a j before walking around Walmart" and concept creation? I wouldn't know, so I'm relying on your insights.

What helps anyone else think of ideas or gets you in the mindset for creating something?

dabelge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Nov 22, 2011
Minneapolis
I read a blog post from Start Up Bro's where they recommended just writing down every idea you have/had without worrying about if it's a good idea or not just to clear your mind so new ideas can emerge. I can tell you since I've started doing this new and random ideas are popping up almost everyday! Now I just need to start validating them.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Most people don't understand that money is a richly abundant substance. Anyone can get it with the right system in place.

The money is out there...you pick it up its yours. If you don't, I got no sympathy for ya.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
I think the hardest part is figuring out how take advantage of all these products and processes that exist. I for one have a hard time looking at an existing product and seeing how I can profit from it, without changing it. Without some clear differentiating factor, is there a way to make money from an existing product or process? Take the fire hydrant nuts for example; how many thousands of places sell the same type of nut at all different price points? Is it even feasible to move into this market? What would your unique selling proposition be?

Agree....very frustrating dilemma

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Is there a correlation between "smoking a j before walking around Walmart" and concept creation?

Everyone has their own experience and they vary wildly, but SWIM thinks that the whole 'weed + creativity' thing is a little out of proportion. What SWIM will agree with is that when you relax and stop being tense, you don't dismiss ideas before they appear.

Tense, consumerist people have this 'that won't work' barrier in their head, because trying and failing is bad, and shows weakness, and you must never fail because it will make you look bad in front of your peers.

/sarcasm

SWIM thinks that Js can alleviate that to some extent, but SWIM only used to smoke very occasionally, maybe 5 times a year, so SWIM's experience is limited.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I can see how that would foster creativity now that you explained it to me. I still have no interest in it though hahaha

I guess I've never really had that "peers may look down on my failure" approach, I just jump around too damn much to focus on one thing. After I can conquer that, I think I'm going to have massive growth, both in my life and in my bank account.

Steve Corcoran

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2014
British Columbia, Canada
Well to directly answer your question @Mike.B - yes, you can make money selling someone elses' stuff without adding any real addtional value. I make money selling branded stuff on Amazon that other people also sell. I order it, have it shipped to my place, put the labels on it that Amazon wants, and send it to Amazon for FBA. 30+ other companies do the exact same thing I do, yet I still make money doing it. Would I depend on that money for my family's wellbeing? No. Is it really a business? I don't think so. Does it make me a little extra cash? Yes.
When you say "labels that amazon wants" do you mean people selling their brands on amazon, and you are the one who puts that brands logo on the product?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
When you say "labels that amazon wants" do you mean people selling their brands on amazon, and you are the one who puts that brands logo on the product?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Amazon requires UPC codes and identifying labels on whatever you're selling through FBA. I believe that's what he was referring to.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Now the next step is...

What product/service can I sell today? Just get the first customer... one sale

"But Silver I haven't created my product/service yet!"

Who said you have to have a product or service to sell it? ;) Pre-sell baby.
Remember... entrepreneurs Wealth formula = Net profit + Asset Value.

Both Net profit and Asset value are based on...

unit profit x unit sold.

"How much have you sold?" is the make-or-break question.

Men lie, women lie. Numbers don't lie.

ABC. ALWAYS. BE. CLOSING.

Back to work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!