Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

INTRO I want to work hard for little money

I'm a loser facing a severe existential crisis. I am failing in my small food business which I will soon have to close. I'm an expat in Mexico (not *from*, but *in*), and after liquidation I will be left with about 10k USD. I am not very bright and I am to some degree socially challanged. I am however very hardworking and (due to desperation) highly motivated. If I can make 1k usd/month while working around the clock, I would not complain, as long as I'm independent. All I care about is being autonomous. I've found a post here on this forum about idea extracting and I started sending e-mails to companies, hotels, etc asking what do they need, but so far no reply.. I'm thinking about maybe buying some bicycles and doing bike rental or learning pressure washing. I'm thinking if I find something that requires lots of work for little money then maybe there will be less competition. Given how worthless I am, maybe that is my only hope.
I don't know if I can bring much valuable input to this forum given that I'm a loser, but I hope you guys will accept that I stick around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Superfinch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
186%
I'm a loser facing a severe existential crisis. I am failing in my small food business which I will soon have to close. I'm an expat in Mexico (not *from*, but *in*), and after liquidation I will be left with about 10k USD. I am not very bright and I am to some degree socially challanged. I am however very hardworking and (due to desperation) highly motivated. If I can make 1k usd/month while working around the clock, I would not complain, as long as I'm independent. All I care about is being autonomous. I've found a post here on this forum about idea extracting and I started sending e-mails to companies, hotels, etc asking what do they need, but so far no reply.. I'm thinking about maybe buying some bicycles and doing bike rental or learning pressure washing. I'm thinking if I find something that requires lots of work for little money then maybe there will be less competition. Given how worthless I am, maybe that is my only hope.
I don't know if I can bring much valuable input to this forum given that I'm a loser, but I hope you guys will accept that I stick around.
Its great that your motivated and a hard worker but you need to start by changing your attitude. I understand it can be quite difficult after repeated failures to have a positive outlook but I can't see you being successful even in any endeavor when you see yourself as a loser and as worthless. Start by changing the way you see yourself because its essential.

Trading lots of time for little money, without a long term goal, is not the way. Try to look for how you can provide value to others, whether by learning a skill or providing a product that isn't widely available as this is what will make you competitive. As for looking for ideas, start by identifying a problem as this makes finding valuable ideas a lot easier. It doesn't necessarily have to be a big problem, even something as simple or localised such as there aren't enough people who can operate a pressure washer in your area, for example.

Again, it's great that your a hard worker and you have the desire to be autonomous; use that to your advantage. Remember that repeated failures are the mark of and even to be expected in successful entrepreneurship. I'd also highly recommend reading Unscripted , I'm sure it will significantly help you.

Last edited:

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
97%
I've found a post here on this forum about idea extracting and I started sending e-mails to companies, hotels, etc asking what do they need, but so far no reply..

Just picking on that one thing - put yourself in the position of the person who receives your email, and then think of the other hundred emails they get every day. Yours is asking them to sit down and spend time thinking of a list of things that they need, without any idea of whether you are able to help them, time they may not have. The other emails will be offering them a particular service. It takes far less time for someone to look at an email about, say, window cleaning (as that's popular on here) and think "do I need my windows cleaning?" than it does to consider all the possible jobs.

I expect some of them may have kept your email to one side to maybe respond when they've time to think about it, but I also expect most will just have ignored it and moved on to the ones that offer a specific service.

There are plenty of people on here who attract business with cold emails, maybe you could read around some of the threads on that subject, or perhaps post the content of the email you sent for critique, as I'm only guessing what it might have said.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
57%
My advice runs contrary to a lot of the other advice you see on this forum. You're already way ahead in the game than the people who haven't made a sale, myself included, who are in the consume stage. I'm having problems leaving this stage, you would benefit greatly from re-entering into this stage to focus on building the process. Here are some useful books for you to read, but remember to take action with them:
- Unscripted /The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Infinite Game/ Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- The Psychology of Selling by Brian Tracy
- Influencer by Joseph Grenny
- The Secrets trilogy by Russel Brunson
- $100M Offers by Alex Hormozi
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
- Any sales/advertising/ finance/ social skills book you can get your hands on

Start with a vision, then outline all of the obstacles that will keep you from that vision. You then know to start eliminating and taking precautions against those risks. You take calculated risks. For example, get a job and freelance on Fiverr until you have the financial stability to invest in starting another company which aligns with the commandments of CENTS and that you feel a sense of purpose towards. Your self-image will change whilst you're reading these books and freelancing. You'll start to view yourself as a leader; Someone who is focused and disciplined. This will inspire you to take more action and to get into the flow of momentum and you'll shift from a consumer to a producer. Trust in the process and trust in your vision.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
94%

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
142%
Is this for real? Can't be sure...

You can sell a dozen different home services by door knocking and start making decent money tomorrow. Window washing, pressure washing, lawn mowing, exterior cleanup. There's a *long* list of home services that require mucho time and very little startup capital.

Print five hundred flyers for a few bucks, door knock and leave one behind.

100 doors per day => 1-3% close ratio => 5-15 jobs per week cash in hand. Don't think any harder than that.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
284%
You want to work long hours and make just enough money to survive ?

Get a job.

Want to be more autonomous?

Go to a nearby city and drive uber.

I however believe you want more from your life than that. You won't learn how to make 1k a month here. You can learn how to make 1k per hour here if you try.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
94%
Oh, and there is a post here, which perfectly summarizes something you need to know:

"You'll get where you want to be. Just refuse to settle for mediocrity".

Also. Remember that money is value. Right now I am designing a product that I believe will change the future in quite significant way.

What stops you from making a high impact on the world?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...