The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I quote "It is at the Redline where the man are separated from the boys" This is my story

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

FriscoJP

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 23, 2017
Florida
First post here as I'm new to TMF . I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for opening my eyes up to possibility outside of the online world. I've been getting extremely frustrated because I've not made anything happen yet with Amazon FBA since starting in July, and the other online routes I've seen so far didn't click with me. In general, I'm struggling online. It's nice to know that there are people out there who had similar experiences. I'm wondering if I could be looking at opportunity elsewhere.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
I was smiling all the time reading those paragraphs just imagining how happy you would have felt you would have to see your brand grow and people waiting for your product. The best part is there is no one to show you bossism and try to treat you like a slave and kill your confidence.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arthur Redline

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Dec 14, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm at 11 stores now Redline.

I think you are already thinking of scale at the beginning.

By beginning I don't mean before you launch. I just mean the early stages.

When I opened my first store, I kept scale on a back burner. I made the first store my Petri dish.

Once I figured out the unit economics of the business I went for the impact millions model.

So obviously, magnitude isn't really on my side because unit profit is small for this market so I'm fastlaning through scale by chaining.

Re online business, I had similar experiences as yours. I failed in about 30 online ventures and I agree with you when you say the space is just saturated.

Many are making it work though but it's just very difficult. It's hard to stand out.

I also discovered it way harder to make people give you money online than offline.

And the competition offline is very laughable. A lot of your competitors will stuck; doing things like it's the 70s.

Offline businesses also has process almost automatically imbedded in it. You have no choice than to hustle and grind it out.

Online, you can easily get stuck action faking all year long.

Oh let's throw up a landing page.

Oh let's buy some ppc ads.

Oh let's revamp our website.

Let's outsource our logo creation.

Oh let me just write this ebook and throw up some training courses and see what happens.

So you are right.

But nothing wrong with online, I just think it's over represented in the entrepreneurial circle.

Thank you once again for sharing your story.

I agree with you completely!
Ow man 11 stores. That is a lot my man, good job!
So it is not a franchise is it? How do you cope with employees? My friend had a lot of problems with employees that just don't work good enough. They call in sick often, if he is not there they do not work as hard etc. etc.

That is also the reason I want a franchise. I know nobody will work as hard as me for my business. But they will for themselves. And I can still profit from their business.

mosaster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Jul 18, 2017
Krakow
Congrats on moving forward Arthur. What made your business different from any other alike?

Sent from my T1-701u using Tapatalk

Arthur Redline

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Dec 14, 2017
The Netherlands
Very inspiring process Redline!

The thing with the offline businesses is that the Entry barrier is usually higher than online. Just because the costs and the time needed is a bit higher. Except for people who know absolutly nothing about online, but probably that people also know nothing about CENTS.

So if the entry barrier is bigger offline and it is cheaper and faster online, which one should you choose?
You offcourse take the most difficult road because the competition is less. MJ said this many times. If you violate the commandment of entry, in no time everybody will do it and you will be out of luck.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
So if the entry barrier is bigger offline and it is cheaper and faster online, which one should you choose?
You offcourse take the most difficult road because the competition is less. MJ said this many times. If you violate the commandment of entry, in no time everybody will do it and you will be out of luck.
It also depends on your experience and where do you thrive. For me offline is way more difficult. Too much time with people :D

+12 years working online, 1 year working offline (very harsh btw).

But I'm ok with the idea of not taking the online way by default.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arthur Redline

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Dec 14, 2017
The Netherlands
Haha for me it is the opposite. I worked online and I only got in to trouble. Once I worked offline I noticed how much better and faster things happened. Because I could make it happen. So yes, you are right, it is where you thrive best that gives good opportunities too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.