The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I quit the job, here's my journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
Hey man. Unfortunately I have no groundbreaking advice on how to instantly make everything better (if I did I would definitely give it to you!). Just want to say that your drive really is inspiring, and something that the vast majority of the population could benefit from experiencing. I'm sure I'm not alone in believing in you and your undoubtedly incredible future. Think of life like a trampoline. The harder and faster you get shoved down...the faster you shoot back up! You can do this! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
Hey man. Unfortunately I have no groundbreaking advice on how to instantly make everything better (if I did I would definitely give it to you!). Just want to say that your drive really is inspiring, and something that the vast majority of the population could benefit from experiencing. I'm sure I'm not alone in believing in you and your undoubtedly incredible future. Think of life like a trampoline. The harder and faster you get shoved down...the faster you shoot back up! You can do this! :)

Hey, man I really appreciate that! Really means a lot to me. And I like the trampoline thing you said, I never thought of it that way! :) cheers brother!

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
And to you as well! When this new project of yours starts thriving as I'm sure it will send me a PM if you feel so inclined...I would love to support it in any way I can! All the best to you going forward...and keep this thread updated!

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
Hey everyone,

Wow it's been a while, my apologies for being gone for so long.

Anywho,

I ended up going back to school for computer programming/software development, I know it's kind of a slowlane thing to do, but i'll be honest, I am loving school right now and am kicking a$$. I will be graduating early next year (i dropped out 8 years ago).

Funny thing: So far, I haven't really learned anything new about programming. I started learning how to program a little under a year ago but I will say school has made me more disciplined and more organized which were two things I've been lacking for quite some time.

I'm in the beginning stages of building a multimedia web app, I've built a prototype so far that is locally hosted and am planning on launching in the summer, maybe early fall depending on certain variables. I'll be honest, this is the first project I have ever built from scratch.

I will also be building my own advertising platform for the web app, but I haven't sketched out a plan for that just yet.

So as promised, I still will keep the progress thread alive, I haven't forgotten about you all and hopefully you all haven't forgotten about me :p.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mark Foster II

Building my HIGHWAY
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 12, 2014
Just went through your thread and wanted to say glad to see you back and keep up the grind bro!

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
Just went through your thread and wanted to say glad to see you back and keep up the grind bro!
I appreciate it man! And glad you read through the thread. Lots of ups and downs but each up and each down teaches me a valuable lesson, the type of lessons you only learn by actually taking action and trying stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.