Showtime
PARKED
I am a college student in a big college town. Over the last couple of years I couldn't find work so I decided to start a moving company. I've been doing okay. I bought the equipment and a box truck. The problem is that I have been working under the table. It's grueling work but I discovered that if I keep working at the same pace I can make enough to have a significant down payment on a home. I would like to have a down payment for property by the time I graduate, ideally as an investment but maybe a home for myself so I can collect equity instead of paying a landlord. I would like to go legit so I can buy a home. My first questions are as follows:
1. Should I stay under the table because going legit would highly eat my profits (getting taxed double as an llc, government regulations such as liability insurance, commercial plates, paying commercial insurance)?
2. I tried going through my state's website to see what I would need. The process seems long and complicated. Is there a company I can pay to take care of this for me, if so how much would it cost?
3. Has anyone ever gone through this process or similar?
4. LLC or S-corp?
5. If I am legit do I have report all earnings (I know technically I do but it's a cash business can I sock away 20%)?
I am really desperate to figure this out so any help would be much appreciated.
1. Should I stay under the table because going legit would highly eat my profits (getting taxed double as an llc, government regulations such as liability insurance, commercial plates, paying commercial insurance)?
2. I tried going through my state's website to see what I would need. The process seems long and complicated. Is there a company I can pay to take care of this for me, if so how much would it cost?
3. Has anyone ever gone through this process or similar?
4. LLC or S-corp?
5. If I am legit do I have report all earnings (I know technically I do but it's a cash business can I sock away 20%)?
I am really desperate to figure this out so any help would be much appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
