The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help on how to start an App!

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

teresamishler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
May 28, 2022
I have an idea for an app that came to me (top secret). It will serve a lot of people and fill a need or "pain point." It is perfect. Here's the problem: I have no idea how to start! I started taking beginner coding classes but don't know much about coding right now. How do you start an app?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ethan34

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 21, 2022
Also bubble.io It takes a little to get used to it but can do a good amount for a no code builder

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
The first thing you should do is find good software/platform to create your app on. You don't have to code it by yourself either. Look for experienced coders (AND trustable, you don't want anyone to steal your idea.) If you're unsure if they are trustable or not you can simply tell them exactly what you need coded rather than telling them your entire concept. This way the work will be completed without them even knowing your idea, therefore securing it! You should also find coders who are willing to do work for a reasonable price. Remember, you aren't alone out there and there are many people out there who can do the hard stuff for you. I lead developed multiple successful video games and guess how much coding I did? Zero. Unless you want to do it yourself, take it from me, it's usually easier to hire. You might have to spend some money but it'll save you a LOT of time.

teresamishler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
May 28, 2022
The first thing you should do is find good software/platform to create your app on. You don't have to code it by yourself either. Look for experienced coders (AND trustable, you don't want anyone to steal your idea.) If you're unsure if they are trustable or not you can simply tell them exactly what you need coded rather than telling them your entire concept. This way the work will be completed without them even knowing your idea, therefore securing it! You should also find coders who are willing to do work for a reasonable price. Remember, you aren't alone out there and there are many people out there who can do the hard stuff for you. I lead developed multiple successful video games and guess how much coding I did? Zero. Unless you want to do it yourself, take it from me, it's usually easier to hire. You might have to spend some money but it'll save you a LOT of time.
Thank you so much! This is really helpful.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Or you learn Java or kotlin for Android, and Swift for iOS. It's all up to you. Don't hesitate if you have any questions, it's my job.

JustMorpheus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Dec 18, 2021
I have an idea for an app that came to me (top secret). It will serve a lot of people and fill a need or "pain point." It is perfect. Here's the problem: I have no idea how to start! I started taking beginner coding classes but don't know much about coding right now. How do you start an app?
If you have the money and are looking to have professionals build it, you can have an software development agency make it for you. Some also build MVP's(Minimum Viable Product) for people to test their idea in the market before fully committing. Here's a site if you interested in this path: Top Custom Software Development Companies - 2022 Reviews | Clutch.co

teresamishler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
May 28, 2022
If you have the money and are looking to have professionals build it, you can have an software development agency make it for you. Some also build MVP's(Minimum Viable Product) for people to test their idea in the market before fully committing. Here's a site if you interested in this path: Top Custom Software Development Companies - 2022 Reviews | Clutch.co
Thank you!

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
You learn to code it yourself or you hire someone to build it for you. What path do you want to take?

Voracity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 24, 2014
Midwest USA
You will want to think about a few things such as: Mobile app or desktop app? Native or progressive?

I’ve done all of the above. Progressive Web Apps are generally the best way to future proof your project, but your needs may be different.

Some tech you can look into includes Apache Cordova, and also Wordpress plug-ins which add PWA capabilities to Wordpress websites.

One of the benefits of PWA is that you don’t need to be in the app stores, but can still use native app features. Getting into the App Store can be frustrating.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Or you learn Java or kotlin for Android, and Swift for iOS. It's all up to you. Don't hesitate if you have any questions, it's my job.
Do you know a good resource for learning the UI side of Swift?

I've been following some of the Apple tutorials for Swift and I get that, but when it comes to the UI side of things the tutorials seem to make a few large assumptions in prior knowledge and I get lost very quickly...

Spezza

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 29, 2021
If you find that you reach a limit with the low code platforms you could also consider using it just to create your prototype/MVP and then once you've confirmed its a good concept, pay to get someone to code it up properly as well.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Do you know a good resource for learning the UI side of Swift?

I've been following some of the Apple tutorials for Swift and I get that, but when it comes to the UI side of things the tutorials seem to make a few large assumptions in prior knowledge and I get lost very quickly...
I've not learn with this course but I think it can help you ;)
If you have some basics on programming, try to make your project piece by piece, you will learn on the road

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I've not learn with this course but I think it can help you ;)
If you have some basics on programming, try to make your project piece by piece, you will learn on the road
Thank you for the recommendation!

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
toptal.com - learn the concepts of the software development cycle.

Try and write a clear requirements document. ( Software Requirements Specification (SRS) Document.)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

johnlepore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 26, 2022
Hire somone! Post a job opening on a platform like upwork and chat with developers who respond. You will learn alot. You should have the framework of how the app will work and look already mapped out. Good luck. If $ is an obstacle consider bringing in an equity partner. If its great idea you can find someone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.