The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need an advice for a project

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

spiros

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2019
Hello,

I recently created with a friend, a really powerful ai contextual search engine for books.
Take a look here: https://librimood.com/

The problem is that we don't know how to make it a business. We use affiliate links for the results but we din't manage to bring many people on the site except of the days of our reddit launch posts.
We after tried to to b2b providing book shops with book recommendation for each book of their site, but this is still going slowly.

Do you have any suggestion about that?

Thanks a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Hi, interesting tool. Some questions:

I typed in for example "Books similar to The Millionaire Fastlane " and I was shown some erotic novels. Is that the powerful part?

Affiliate book sales are not that lucrative, but could your search engine also handle queries for other types of media? Film, games, audio books, podcasts, radio, TV shows, websites, news articles etc. In any case, providing the service for online book retailers seems like a good idea, or for sites like Goodreads etc.

In what cases would one prefer to use your tool over Google or another search engine? Have you compared the quality of results? What method is used to compare the quality? How can you prove to book e-commerce sites that this will lead to more sales for them?

Can you implement search term auto-completions/suggestions?

spiros

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2019
Hi, interesting tool. Some questions:

I typed in for example "Books similar to The Millionaire Fastlane " and I was shown some erotic novels. Is that the powerful part?

Affiliate book sales are not that lucrative, but could your search engine also handle queries for other types of media? Film, games, audio books, podcasts, radio, TV shows, websites, news articles etc. In any case, providing the service for online book retailers seems like a good idea, or for sites like Goodreads etc.

In what cases would one prefer to use your tool over Google or another search engine? Have you compared the quality of results? What method is used to compare the quality? How can you prove to book e-commerce sites that this will lead to more sales for them?

Can you implement search term auto-completions/suggestions?

Thanks for your reply and for your suggestions.

For book similarity we have a second mode (click on the orange button to activate it).
As for the stores, we want to provide the recommendations after every single book. So, we will not provide them the search engine but the results of the second mode ("Find Similar Books") based on their library of course.

The engine is trained only for books at the moment.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Thanks for your reply and for your suggestions.

For book similarity we have a second mode (click on the orange button to activate it).
As for the stores, we want to provide the recommendations after every single book. So, we will not provide them the search engine but the results of the second mode ("Find Similar Books") based on their library of course.

The engine is trained only for books at the moment.
Ok cool, I get it now. That's better, but maybe clarify better on the site that you can switch mode.

I am curious, how much time/work was put into building the contextual search engine?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello,

I recently created with a friend, a really powerful ai contextual search engine for books.
Take a look here: https://librimood.com/

The problem is that we don't know how to make it a business. We use affiliate links for the results but we din't manage to bring many people on the site except of the days of our reddit launch posts.
We after tried to to b2b providing book shops with book recommendation for each book of their site, but this is still going slowly.

Do you have any suggestion about that?

Thanks a lot!
In one sentence, what problem are you solving with this?

spiros

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2019
Ok cool, I get it now. That's better, but maybe clarify better on the site that you can switch mode.

I am curious, how much time/work was put into building the contextual search engine?

A lot. The model is state of the art, so had to know everything new in the space and build on that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.